• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
And people with monitors can turn their gamma up on their monitor and not have it detected by a recording, we get one thing, you guys get another ^^
Its actually quite a Hassle to have you Sprint Key on Caps Lock since you have to practically double tap after looking into a chest its gotten me killed a couple times so i don't bother using it.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Its actually quite a Hassle to have you Sprint Key on Caps Lock since you have to practically double tap after looking into a chest its gotten me killed a couple times so i don't bother using it.
You don't have to "practically" double tap; you don't have to tap at all. Sorry, but either you don't fully know the controls or you just don't know what you are talking about.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
To clarify for a number of people who are unaware of how this system works:

Upon connection to our network, your client sends a query (i.e. sends a small amount of data) to our server telling it that you have Better Sprint Mod is installed. There is no other way that this message would be sent. If this message is received, the server will disconnect the user by banning them for 1 minute. This ban is temporary and does not affect your ability to obtain a Staff position. The system bans the user instead of kicking them so they cannot immediately reconnect and effectively spam the server with query requests. Using this auto-detecting system we cannot ban a user permanently as it's possible that they may have connected to our network while unknowingly having Better Sprint Mod on their active profile.

Any bans completed prior to the induction of this system will still be legitimate bans; our rules have always outlined that the use of Better Sprint Mod is not permitted. The ban was placed in a time where this system was not in place, so our network will continue to uphold those bans.

1.7 sprint is different than Better Sprint Mod. chylex, the creator of Better Sprint Mod, has publicly stated in the Better Sprint Mod thread (which I will not provide you the link for), that Better Sprint Mod provides a "whole bunch of features to the sprinting system 1.7 still won't have". While you're not able to sprint in multiple directions on SMP unless the server permits it, you're still able to set toggle keys that you only have to press once and will keep your sprint activated until you turn it off. You're not able to do this in 1.7.2 unless you hold down the toggle sprint key continually (in essence, Better Sprint Mod completes a task that you would have otherwise had to have done yourself).

It's been brought to my attention that Mac users can use their Caps Lock button to force their system to sprint continually, and therefore people claim that Mac users have an "unfair advantage". In response, this is a behaviour rooted in the Operating System and is entirely unrelated to Minecraft. If you claim that Mac users have an advantage, I'd claim that a player has a gaming PC and macro buttons on their mouse has a significant advantage over the average player who might not have these additions. We can't punish someone for factors that occur outside of the Minecraft client - these sorts of things are uncontrollable.

You might say: "Better Sprint Mod only helps me to sprint, so it's fine to use.". So with that logic, would someone be able to say that using aimbot helps them to hit players so it should be permitted? No. You'll say that one is a hack and one is not. But what I'd like to stress is that Better Sprint Mod assists you with sprinting; something that isn't available to someone who doesn't have it installed. Perhaps this is insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but as a network our goal is to provide an equal playing ground for everyone. We recognize there are people who use hacked clients and other modifications to give them an advantage and that seeing these sorts of things are fairly common, but rendering Better Sprint Mod useless is a small step towards our goal of giving everyone an equal chance to win a game. We apologize if you don't share a similar mindset.

TL;DR: I'm not providing this because you'll probably just read this and ask something I've already explained in more detail above.

Last edited:

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
You don't have to "practically" double tap; you don't have to tap at all. Sorry, but either you don't fully know the controls or you just don't know what you are talking about.
Omg...... Do you even own a mac ?
Have 1.7
1) Put your Sprint on Caps Lock
2)Go into a MCSG game
3)Look inside a chest and after you look out of it seee if your god daum sprint is still there.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Omg...... Do you even own a mac ?
Have 1.7
1) Put your Sprint on Caps Lock
2)Go into a MCSG game
3)Look inside a chest and after you look out of it seee if your god daum sprint is still there.
It's still there, and you definetly don't have to double tap.
you're still able to set toggle keys that you only have to press once and will keep your sprint activated until you turn it off. You're not able to do this in 1.7.2 unless you hold down the toggle sprint key continually.
I continually hold my toggle sprint key down; it's the exact same as BSM.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is a great new addition! It will now be a lot fairer as everyone will definitely be even.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Did someone delete my last post? I really am trying not to start a huge argument I just want to say my thoughts on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci