• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Best Archers of MCSG

Henry

Diamond
Reaction score
Mini Rant: Begin

So while archery is kinda a "skill" in Minecraft PvP, sometimes it's based off of just pure luck. In my opinion, it overall depends if your opponent is considered "skilled", such as running, but not jumping, F5ing, and etc. Usually if the opponent isn't the best, such as running in a straight line, it's easy to shoot & kill the target.

As for more skilled targets, it's definitely harder to hit if they're running in a zig-zag pattern and not jumping, or just are good at hiding behind obstacles to block the arrows. So, there really isn't a way to classify someone as "best archer", as I think it's mainly based on luck. Sure, there are players who are a lot more skilled with a bows and know how to use it better than others, but like I said, it's really just based on luck/if the player can predict where the target with run.

I don't wanna hop on the bandwagon and say Linkdude1997, but it's completely true as he's very skilled with the bow and predicting the opponents move. Other than him, I've heard that ChrisComedies is very skilled with it. Same as the Linkdude situation, Huahwi is very skilled with it, but listed a lot.

As for me, I'm complete rubbish with the bow. I have a hard time predicting people moves, and usually when I do get a combo with a bow, they're already too far away, forcing me to chase after they yet again. I'm more of a Flint & Steel/Fishing Rod guy myself ;)

Mini Rant: Done. xD

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

So while archery is kinda a "skill" in Minecraft PvP, sometimes it's based off of just pure luck. In my opinion, it overall depends if your opponent is considered "skilled", such as running, but not jumping, F5ing, and etc. Usually if the opponent isn't the best, such as running in a straight line, it's easy to shoot & kill the target.

As for more skilled targets, it's definitely harder to hit if they're running in a zig-zag pattern and not jumping, or just are good at hiding behind obstacles to block the arrows. So, there really isn't a way to classify someone as "best archer", as I think it's mainly based on luck. Sure, there are players who are a lot more skilled with a bows and know how to use it better than others, but like I said, it's really just based on luck/if the player can predict where the target with run.

I don't wanna hop on the bandwagon and say Linkdude1997, but it's completely true as he's very skilled with the bow and predicting the opponents move. Other than him, I've heard that ChrisComedies is very skilled with it. Same as the Linkdude situation, Huahwi is very skilled with it, but listed a lot.

As for me, I'm complete rubbish with the bow. I have a hard time predicting people moves, and usually when I do get a combo with a bow, they're already too far away, forcing me to chase after they yet again. I'm more of a Flint & Steel/Fishing Rod guy myself ;)

Half of the skill of the bow is being able to outpredict your opponent and work out where he's going to zigzag/move to next, imo.

Henry

Diamond
Reaction score
Half of the skill of the bow is being able to outpredict your opponent and work out where he's going to zigzag/move to next, imo.
That's very true, but sometimes skill can mis predict ;3

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Guys, we all know _zeX99_ was and will ever be the best bower
Thanks! At least someone remembers me... Still got it after all this time :p

Honestly i think only the small portion of it is luck, and prediction is the biggest, every person has their own movement and if you can learn someone's its much easier to shoot them than just assume they will run in the traditional left&right. Also there's the feel of the shooting and range of the target and probably some more factors which i can't recall right now...

Last edited:

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Strongly disagree- skill trounces luck. While there may be a fair amount of luck in hitting a single mid to long-range bow shot (because in reality you can never know how a player will move), the skill is in analysing your opponents tendencies, and from that making an educated guess as to where your opponent will move. The other half is in correctly perceiving distances/obstacles and knowing the flight of an arrow in order that, once you ascertain where your opponent will be, you hit that spot at the right time. In the long run, a player who is better at these skills will hit a greater proportion of his bowshots simply due to the laws of averages. Therefore we can in fact judge people's skill with a bow. Sounds glorified, but there we go.
Thanks! At least someone remembers me... Still got it after all this time :p
Big up the Netherians =")

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Getting better with the bow is very simple just message me if you're interested i'll share you my "secret". :O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci