• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Before It's Too Late

J

District 13
Reaction score
MCGamer is a great server, the community is tight, it has many clans to create interesting battles, the plugin and NCP for Survival Games is probably the best out there, and many more things that could make MCGamer one of the best servers of all time but why does it feel like it's lacking now?

Badlion has been gaining more players recently while MCGamer has been standing at a stand-still. Currently MCGamer's biggest attraction which is Survival Games is losing interest while Badlion is slowly gaining more and more. What is the problem? Badlion, a PvP Server just like MCSG in the past, used to be unknown to many players yet know it's more popular than MCSG. Is it because of the amount of Youtubers playing there or the Survival Games? No. It's simply because Badlion is becoming more appealing towards players who love to PvP. MCSG only has one gamemode that appeals towards the majority of players while Badlion has UHC, 1v1s, etc. Badlion is creating more gamemodes as well as you can see in the screenshot while MCSG still only has one gamemode that's really played. We have a great server here at MCSG, yet the Administrative Team is not working hard enough to make it to it's full potential of a server. Imagine MCSG had a 1v1, it would create a larger base of players just like Badlion did and implement a fun and challenging game towards players who love PvP. Now that's just one of the problems why MCSG is at a stand-still.

Another reason is the developers. Our developers are amazing, they're great at developing things, but they're a bit slow when it comes to things that the community wanted. We have asked several times for many things such as 1v1s yet there has been no response towards it. When players wanted Solo SG and the developers gave them it, it was great. Everyone was happy about it and the community appreciated the hard effort of it, but Solo SG hasn't gained any players mainly because it's Survival Games still, just with no teams. Many moderators claim that MCGamer won't die, but it is going down. More servers such as Badlion are gaining popularity and eventually, they'll develop new plugins that are better and will attract more players. The Administrative Team needs to listen to us before this server dies.

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
MCGamer is a great server, the community is tight, it has many clans to create interesting battles, the plugin and NCP for Survival Games is probably the best out there, and many more things that could make MCGamer one of the best servers of all time but why does it feel like it's lacking now?

Badlion has been gaining more players recently while MCGamer has been standing at a stand-still. Currently MCGamer's biggest attraction which is Survival Games is losing interest while Badlion is slowly gaining more and more. What is the problem? Badlion, a PvP Server just like MCSG in the past, used to be unknown to many players yet know it's more popular than MCSG. Is it because of the amount of Youtubers playing there or the Survival Games? No. It's simply because Badlion is becoming more appealing towards players who love to PvP. MCSG only has one gamemode that appeals towards the majority of players while Badlion has UHC, 1v1s, etc. Badlion is creating more gamemodes as well as you can see in the screenshot while MCSG still only has one gamemode that's really played. We have a great server here at MCSG, yet the Administrative Team is not working hard enough to make it to it's full potential of a server. Imagine MCSG had a 1v1, it would create a larger base of players just like Badlion did and implement a fun and challenging game towards players who love PvP. Now that's just one of the problems why MCSG is at a stand-still.

Another reason is the developers. Our developers are amazing, they're great at developing things, but they're a bit slow when it comes to things that the community wanted. We have asked several times for many things such as 1v1s yet there has been no response towards it. When players wanted Solo SG and the developers gave them it, it was great. Everyone was happy about it and the community appreciated the hard effort of it, but Solo SG hasn't gained any players mainly because it's Survival Games still, just with no teams. Many moderators claim that MCGamer won't die, but it is going down. More servers such as Badlion are gaining popularity and eventually, they'll develop new plugins that are better and will attract more players. The Administrative Team needs to listen to us before this server dies.
I agree. 1vs1 will be great addiction as I said many times before. Also, a lot of youtubers who are actually banned on the MCGamer because gamma etc. are now recording on the Badlion and all their "fans" goes on Badlion as well and it sucks. I know gamma is against rules but should it be for perm ban? I don't know. In my opinion, they should remove DD or some gametypes that are not actually played and they should just add 1vs1. \_(•-•)_/

Zombie_1337

Diamond
Reaction score
Well combine, EU, US and AU not only one of them, that was your mistake.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Why is it lacking?

Because people desire change, they want new things, and Badlion has come to accommodate change/modern style of people playing the video game.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Badlion is new, MCSG is old, only time will tell which one lasts longer. But at this point, our only offer to new players is a good competition.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
We not only need a few new gamemodes that are more PvP related, but an overhaul to the opinion of the community. A lot of things are in place here at MCGamer that are simply not desirable to most people. For example we have extremely strict rules against swearing that may be considered unappealing because say somebody accidentally slips up and says a bad word, and they're immediately hounded on by 5 different mods and minimods then eventually muted. Things like that, people feel trapped because they're scared that everything they say will be monitored and controlled and picked apart.

Of course, we need to have these rules against things like swearing, but the way we approach dealing with them should be evaluated and treated differently in the future.

Overall equation to happy players. Approachable staff members = happy people c:

Rail_

Gold
Reaction score
I can't help but feel like some of the new players get driven away by some of the overly competitive players and aspects of MCGamer and MCSG specifically. MCGamer has set in place some good rules to prevent this from becoming too much of a problem, but it's hard to find a good balance so that new players can enjoy the server without feeling intimidated or discouraged and so that veteran players don't feel like they're being hounded constantly for small offenses. I also feel like MCGamer needs to consider things the community has been asking for time and time again. Not trying to be negative in any way, just giving my personal outlook on things for the sake of improvement.

Last edited:

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
We not only need a few new gamemodes that are more PvP related, but an overhaul to the opinion of the community. A lot of things are in place here at MCGamer that are simply not desirable to most people. For example we have extremely strict rules against swearing that may be considered unappealing because say somebody accidentally slips up and says a bad word, and they're immediately hounded on by 5 different mods and minimods then eventually muted. Things like that, people feel trapped because they're scared that everything they say will be monitored and controlled and picked apart.

Of course, we need to have these rules against things like swearing, but the way we approach dealing with them should be evaluated and treated differently in the future.

Overall equation to happy players. Approachable staff members = happy people c:
damn yo a mod calling out minimods

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
I 100% vouch for that we're not growing, if we are, not very much. c;

However I think with the addition of the trendy game modes, for example Skywars, 1v1's, UHC's etc. we can really start growing hundreds of players per day. I really agree with you when you say that Badlion has much more to offer, while that's true, I still think our community is far better than Badlion is.

While it's still arguable that our SG has more players than their's does, I think the entire network player count has more effect than a singular gamemode. We have SG, which sure is a great game, and sure to a lot of people we have the best plugin for it, SG is a dying gamemode in the PVP community, and that's just factual information.

Great thread Jeffrey, hopefully this is taken into consideration by Chad, if he ends up seeing this.

Another reason is the developers. Our developers are amazing, they're great at developing things, but they're a bit slow when it comes to things that the community wanted. We have asked several times for many things such as 1v1s yet there has been no response towards it.
Oh, and to reply to this, I think our Developer's are planning a huge update to release a lot of cool new things at once, maybe something like MCGamer v3? We'll have to wait and see.

I think Devin is capable of lots of things, however I think writing cool gamemodes with just 2 people takes a lot of time, and I like of time for testing, and overall writing the code. I think if we give it a few months things will start to improve, maybe due to new features, or maybe the community will become a bit more interested in SG once again. Only time can tell for a situation like this. <.<

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I just had an idea.
Remember when Hunger Games was new? And MCSG based the gamemode around that movie? Well, what if we did it with other movies?

Ideas:
Maze Runner: Escape the maze first! Teaming is allowed, but only one can escape!
Scorch Trials: Stay in shelter while taking out all the Cranks (other players)
Avengers: Be an Avenger and take out an army of robots and/or aliens in huge teams.
Jurassic World: Survive the dino-pocalypse!

This could have unlimited possibilities, since movies are always being released. It'd also draw in people who are in the Minecraft fanbase and in a movie fanbase. And if people got bored of it, the server can still evolve and adapt to what people currently like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci