• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ban Exception Test?

Good Idea?

• Bad Idea.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Good Idea.

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
So in about a year, I might want to apply for moderator. I cant do this however as I was banned for 1 week, for "Bright Hacks" in one of my videos. I know there are many of you that feel the same as I do. Of course I attempted a bad dispute. It was upheld.

The fact of you being banned not mattering for moderator applications has been tossed around. Unfortunately I am one of those annoying people who think that if you were banned you should not be mod...

But I propose a slightly more acceptable idea! If say after about a year or a year and a half, or any amount of time, bans are ignored in the case of applications. People who hacked ( or were falsely accused of hacking) over a year ago, and have not been found hacking since would get to apply for moderator with this being ignored. A year is a long time to be found hacking again, and if they have not, this is a sign of them not hacking and being mature again.

Now I know what you're saying "If they hacked once they'll hack again!" "It shows they're not trustworthy!" To that I would propose a test (Like the age exception test) of some sort to test if they are mature and not hacking to an extra extent.

Tell me what you think of this idea!

PS: I dont know where this thread should go, so mods, feel free to move it where it is necessary.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Good idea, except there has to be only certain exceptions. Maybe if you were banned for spamming/caps once than yes. Or maybe like your example, you could. But no exceptions if it was hacks or cussing or anything.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Good idea, except there has to be only certain exceptions. Maybe if you were banned for spamming/caps once than yes. Or maybe like your example, you could. But no exceptions if it was hacks or cussing or anything.
Indeed

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I would be personally affected by this, so I agree. Also, I know quite a few other players who wanted to apply, but could not.

I'd also like to remind people that bans from V1 (Around Feb. of 2013, if memory serves. Not 100% sure.) do not count towards bans.

ShortyClutch

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel this may cause some controversy only because MCGamer seems to take hacking of any kind very seriously and I, along many others, favor this very much. It just seems that if you hacked on the server then it shows that you do not really care about the server as much as you should if you were to be moderator. This is just my opinion.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I feel this may cause some controversy only because MCGamer seems to take hacking of any kind very seriously and I, along many others, favor this very much. It just seems that if you hacked on the server then it shows that you do not really care about the server as much as you should if you were to be moderator. This is just my opinion.
I understand for recent offenders, but there are players whose bans are almost 2 years old that I trust far more than some moderators now.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
At once I was not allowed to apply for moderator for a 12 hour ban 2 years ago. But in my opinion Sr.Staff+ won't change that.

Majestical

Platinum
Reaction score
You, my friend are a genius.
Although I have never been banned, I feel like this would be a great opportunity for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci