• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Backyard MCSG

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I looked at the screenshots and I was like wut. This map is so tiny. What are they thinking.
And then I realized that I was looking at an enormous model of a backyard. I absolutely love it!

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
No. Dat tree!
The tree may or may not be a write off, I might completely redo it using the enlarge and smoothing filters with mcedit! But we'll see! It will surely be a map of it's own when it's all done! A labyrinth of tunnels leading up and maybe a bird bath near the bottom for those desperate jumps :D

What is up with that spinning ball of energy at the side of that tree?
Dat Texture pack! Rise of Tredonia 64x

My favorite at this point for sure. The only problem for me is the wool is actually textured like wool rather than a coloured block. No biggie though, I thought those screen shots came out pretty good!

I looked at the screenshots and I was like wut. This map is so tiny. What are they thinking.
And then I realized that I was looking at an enormous model of a backyard. I absolutely love it!
Just wait for the final product! I think the hardest part is going to detail the yard on a large scale, then detail those large details on a small scale. I'm excited to start corn!

I think the theme may become "What lies beneath the bedrock" Almost like what would happen if you broke through the bedrock in any world, the proverbial "digging to china" but minecraft style.

EDIT: Also just bought Far Cry 3. This map may take the backburner, but I'll definitely have some time everyday while my child watches his sweet cartoons hahaha. Just a warning, it may be a slow process! But in my opinion, slower is more attention to detail and I definitely don't want to rush this.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
I would love if this were added, it's freaking amazing!
Thanks Jakler, it's a slow process but it's coming along. Made a bit of progress today, and managed to make a small boo boo lol

Changed all the stone on my map to dirt. Oopsy.

And here is a sneak peak at corn, keep in mind this is not even close to complete but it gives you an idea. I'm trying to give the feeling of mole holes. There will be 8+ tunnels leading to all ends of the yard, and hopefully some pretty distinguishing features that will help you with where each tunnel leads. The chests are all sheltered so you will have to get just above them to check them out (similar to ancient japan)

Underground you'll DIRT so much dirt, when it's detailed there will be spiderwebs, roots, stones (to look natural like rocks), vines, gravel mixed up with the dirt, and SO MANY PLACES TO GO. It may be overwhelming just to get to the surface. It will almost be like 2 maps in 1. I've set it up so I have 35 blocks below the surface, lots of room to make lots of cool tunnels and structures.

Above ground I've added some red tulips! More to come :D

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
And here is a sneak peak at corn, keep in mind this is not even close to complete but it gives you an idea. I'm trying to give the feeling of mole holes. There will be 8+ tunnels leading to all ends of the yard, and hopefully some pretty distinguishing features that will help you with where each tunnel leads. The chests are all sheltered so you will have to get just above them to check them out (similar to ancient japan)

For the same sort of reason that you put Soul Sand in the ground of the cornucopia on Heart of the Mountain, you should just put 1 block deep holes similar to the Soul Sand patches in this cornucopia :)

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
I just realized I put this in finished maps. Request to be moved to maps in progress.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Too bad they probably won't let you put in an ant hill with spider spawners.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci