• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Asians Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyon21

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't get my parents

A+ YAY
A YAY
A- YAY
B+ YAY
B YAY
B- YOU LITTLE PIECE OF Good HOEBAG WILL BE GROUNDED FOR ENTERNITY DONT EXPET CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR YOU PIECE OF Good!
C It's ok you tried
D Awh, I'm so sorry for you. Do you need help?
F OMG YOU GET B- TIMES 9000 YOU PIECE OF Good

My Mom evidentially had a traumatic event with a teacher once over a B- ._.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Okay. While we may agree that there is racism, racism doesn't necessarily have to be used in an offensive manner. Groups of people are being classified, but with such a broad definition there isn't really too much of a problem. I mean, the guy who made the thread is Asian and no one else that was Asian cared...

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay. While we may agree that there is racism, racism doesn't necessarily have to be used in an offensive manner. Groups of people are being classified, but with such a broad definition there isn't really too much of a problem. I mean, the guy who made the thread is Asian and no one else that was Asian cared...
Trust me, we care a lot about grades, and si do our parents. Asian kiddies coz their parents go mad and parents because their kids, well, have to be a doctor.

D

Deleted member 143472

Am I really the only one who doesn't work with letters?

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Based on the following I think that this thread should be locked or the rules of MCGamer should be modified, seeing how this thread clearly demonstrates racism.

4. Do not discriminate other members:
Our member base consist of people of many different races, genders, country, religion, sexual orientation, etc. We do not want our members to feel left out due to them being different.

Example:
  1. We hate [certain group]
  2. Kill all [certain group]

• Phrases and words that may offend people of a certain group is not allowed. This includes things like “God damn it” or “This is gay.”
  • If you are unsure if something is classified as discrimination, ask a staff member.

dis·crim·i·nate
disˈkriməˌnāt/
verb
verb: discriminate; 3rd person present: discriminates; past tense: discriminated; past participle: discriminated; gerund or present participle: discriminating
  1. 1.
    recognize a distinction; differentiate.
    "babies can discriminate between different facial expressions of emotion"
    synonyms:differentiate, distinguish, draw a distinction, tell the difference, tell apart;More
    separate, separate the sheep from the goats, separate the wheat from the chaff
    "he cannot discriminate between fact and fiction"
    • perceive or constitute the difference in or between.
      "bats can discriminate a difference in echo delay of between 69 and 98 millionths of a second"
  2. 2.
    make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, sex, or age.
    "existing employment policies discriminate against women"
    synonyms:be biased against, be prejudiced against;More

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Based on the following I think that this thread should be locked or the rules of MCGamer should be modified, seeing how this thread clearly demonstrates racism.

4. Do not discriminate other members:
Our member base consist of people of many different races, genders, country, religion, sexual orientation, etc. We do not want our members to feel left out due to them being different.

Example:
  1. We hate [certain group]
  2. Kill all [certain group]

• Phrases and words that may offend people of a certain group is not allowed. This includes things like “God damn it” or “This is gay.”
  • If you are unsure if something is classified as discrimination, ask a staff member.

dis·crim·i·nate
disˈkriməˌnāt/
verb
verb: discriminate; 3rd person present: discriminates; past tense: discriminated; past participle: discriminated; gerund or present participle: discriminating
  1. 1.
    recognize a distinction; differentiate.
    "babies can discriminate between different facial expressions of emotion"
    synonyms:differentiate, distinguish, draw a distinction, tell the difference, tell apart;More
    separate, separate the sheep from the goats, separate the wheat from the chaff
    "he cannot discriminate between fact and fiction"
    • perceive or constitute the difference in or between.
      "bats can discriminate a difference in echo delay of between 69 and 98 millionths of a second"
  2. 2.
    make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, sex, or age.
    "existing employment policies discriminate against women"
    synonyms:be biased against, be prejudiced against;More
On those grounds, if I say "I suck at MCSG" I should be banned for harassment. Making a joke about yourself is not discriminating against anyone, as you obviously would not be trying to offend yourself when you talk about yourself. No one is being discriminated against in this thread.

Also, literally interpreting the definition, saying "Gravey4rd is a really good player" is against the rules because it is "recognizing a distinction."

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
On those grounds, if I say "I suck at MCSG" I should be banned for harassment. Making a joke about yourself is not discriminating against anyone, as you obviously would not be trying to offend yourself when you talk about yourself. No one is being discriminated against in this thread.
Let us take a look at the original post of the thread:
Normal Asian's parent's expected grades:
A+ = Often
A = Occasionally
A- = Do better
B+ = No rice for you
B = Find a new family
The original post CLEARLY makes a generalization about a certain race. I do agree with you that the rules are written in a poor manner, but that is not the point I am making here. Candy is stating that all Asians expect that their children do very well in school.

Looking at the definition of discrimination, asians are indeed being discriminated against. There is no proof given to support his claims, he is posting solely off of a stereotype.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Let us take a look at the original post of the thread:

The original post CLEARLY makes a generalization about a certain race. I do agree with you that the rules are written in a poor manner, but that is not the point I am making here. Candy is stating that all Asians expect that their children do very well in school.

Looking at the definition of discrimination, asians are indeed being discriminated against. There is no proof given to support his claims, he is posting solely off of a stereotype.
But it is all in self humor. Has anyone Asian come on to this thread offended? No, everyone accepts this. While a stereotype isn't always true, to be brutally honest, all of the Asian people I have ever met have high standards (which is great, everyone should). It is not written in a manner to offend, harass, or discriminate against anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci