• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Arida

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Arida

Hey guys! This is my new map that I have finally finished working on, Arida. Take a look at it, and I hope you enjoy it!

It's a very small map, with a radius of 200x200. There are 2 buildings at spawn, 2 pyramids and a boat, and some terraforming!

There are a lot of chests which are generally easy to find. I hope you guys like the map, and tell me if there's anything you'd like to be changed!

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2si71y253bj5z8w

R

RedSeamonster

I like it. Not over complicated, and looks like it would present some fun gameplay.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I like it. Not over complicated, and looks like it would present some fun gameplay.
Thanks! It was extremely basic at first with just cacti and dead bushes everywhere, so jungle tree saplings + bone meal really spiced things up. :D

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Bump? I'd love to hear some more opinions.

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
I think there's a few too many trees for a desert, and they look a bit too typical. Try palm tree style constructions. A big lush oasis turned into a jungle biome with worldedit could also never be a bad idea. Perhaps you can convert the cornucopia into an oasis? That would also help the idea that the cornucopia is a place to get what you need to survive and improve the overall feel of the map.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
very basic but being basic isnt always a bad thing, however this is really small and even smaller than breeze island. To improve the area to be covered include a few catacombs beneath the desert otherwise IMO it would be far too small. Breeze although tiny at least makes up for its size with the hills but this is soo flat and has very little to do

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like it but it seems very basic and seems like it would be quite a boring match if it ever made its way onto the servers. It seems very small as well with very little stuff to really make any appearance on the map. I suggest expanding the size a little and maybe adding more things and making the corn seem a bit more grand.

Just some suggestions.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
I really like the look of this. But as Nadare said, try and change the corn into an oasis and maybe change the trees to palm trees? And move the pyramid near the corn ;)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, I'm working on the corn now. I'll go around and do the trees after that.

The corn will feature a short jump into water, and then a climb up a pyramid to get the chests. How does it sound? ;)

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
make sure you add more depth to the map such as more hills or catacombs as this is tiny

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Like what others have been saying, extensions underground would be a great way to go with this map. I could really see it being something if their were a massive system of catacombs underground, but that isn't going to be easy to build. Also, i'd suggest converting the region into a jungle biome so that the trees don't look so dead. But besides, nice effort! Also, an oasis corn sounds like a good idea as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci