• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Apollo's Demise - Tundra map

How would you grade this map yourself?

• A (Excellent)

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • B (Well Done)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • C (Average)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • D (Poor)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • F (Dismal)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AntiDeity

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't usually enjoy making interactive maps, as standalone structures and scenes are more my specialty. But I've been playing around with VS and everything to create this entry thus far;

More images are available attached to the thread.

The map is about 1000x1000 meters in total surface area, (very rough estimate) and is mostly landscaping with a few hamlets scattered about. I've added custom trees to the scenery, and have scattered chests uniformly around the map in a surrounding forest bordering a giant stone wall. (doubling as the barrier.)

Currently, the cornucopia isn't so lavish, and the chests might be unevenly distributed, but I am, alas, a novice at this type of building. Feedback's appreciated here, as well as on the PMC page. http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/apollos-demise---frozen-domain-wip/ I'm specifically curious as to how the terrain seems to play out with anyone who downloads it.

Default texture samples can be found here : http://imgur.com/a/D5q9v
This should work with any texture pack centered around the default look, but works optimally with Conquest 32x or a similar JohnSmith derivative.

Attachments

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
This looks great. I really hope this gets into MCSG. Well done! :)

YoungWolfyy_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Can you screen-shot the map's in Default Texture Pack. Thanks >.<

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
WOW, that is AMAZING! Please make more maps, I would LOVE to see more!

Great job dude, you deserve to win the PMC/MCSG Map Making contest!

AntiDeity

Spectator
Reaction score
Can you screen-shot the map's in Default Texture Pack. Thanks >.<
Done. New images linked in an Imgur album.

I'm also rather surprised with the positive responses :). Thanks for that. PMC is down as of yet, unfortunately. On the bright side, there's still some time left before the deadline, and I am expanding post-haste.

YoungWolfyy_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Done. New images linked in an Imgur album.

I'm also rather surprised with the positive responses :). Thanks for that. PMC is down as of yet, unfortunately. On the bright side, there's still some time left before the deadline, and I am expanding post-haste.
Beast. next best map? Replacing my favourite map? Solar Frost, maybe?

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci