• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An idea to stop some rudeness, hackusations, & flame

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This thread consists of two intertwined ideas.
Idea: Players have the option to auto-ignore spectators that they have killed.

Situation 1:
I kill Frank, but I get cleaned up by Allen.
Frank tells me, "l2p noob r3kt".
I break my keyboard in rage. xD

Situation 2:
I kill Frank, but I get cleaned up by Allen.
Frank tries to spam me, but he is auto-ignored.
I leave the game.

See this improvement? Say there was an item in the lobby that was toggleable. This item would mute any former players that you killed. Of course, this would be optional. This way, players could weigh whether getting "l2p" sometimes is worth getting some "good fights."

Idea: Spectators have the option to auto-ignore their killer.

Situation 1:
I get killed by Allen, who says "lol nub."
I break my newly-bought keyboard in rage.

Situation 2:
I get killed by Allen, who says "lol nub," but I don't see it.
I go on. Frank is still trying to trash talk.

This would be another toggleable item. This way, players wouldn't get frusturated with MCGamer's annoying kids.

Overview
These ideas would be game-specific.
Other spectators would be free to chat with you.
You could also toggle these options ingame, but only as a spectator.

What do you think?

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't know about this. I'd simply recommend a /chatoff command where you can completely disable chat in hubs and games. In addition, there should be a /ignore <username> command to hide messages from a specific user.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
Especially, You just need to ignore ragers and flamers. This is just the game. If they are swearing or idk what this MCGamer's forum is made for that. You just need to report them . Just be relaxed and never let the rager ruins your game. Be the friend that you wish you had and the game will become better. That's the point of the game.

Have a nice day! :)

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't know about this. I'd simply recommend a /chatoff command where you can completely disable chat in hubs and games. In addition, there should be a /ignore <username> command to hide messages from a specific user.
The thing is that by the time you ignore them, the damage is already done, and I don't see why muting everyone is necessary. However, it'd be nice to have.

Especially, You just need to ignore ragers and flamers. This is just the game. If they are swearing or idk what this MCGamer's forum is made for that. You just need to report them . Just be relaxed and never let the rager ruins your game. Be the friend that you wish you had and the game will become better. That's the point of the game.

Have a nice day! :)
Normally, you would "deal with it" but the community has gone too far. No "Golden Rule" will end the flame. However, I think this could drastically decrease it.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I still think that this command isn't of too much purpose. Decent idea, though.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I hate the ingame community. The mods need to do something. And every person, every "gg rekt ez noob nub kid gtfo omfg" is unpunishable. The horrible hate I see every game makes me feel like the whole server is a war zone. It is, technically, but words do a lot more than anyone would think.

I don't feel safe on MCGamer. Frankly, nobody does. This is a server torn by the terrible things that people say to one another. And the solution?
1) If they are way too mean to you, report them.
2) Deal with it.

I'd like to see someone go a day with their chat on without ending up hating someone to the core.

And yet nothing has happened. Nothing. Many people that have directed all their rage and hate at most of us, and this leads to... nothing ever changing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci