• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Always jumping when fighting.

bad_chili

Spectator
Reaction score
Depends where you are. If youre on a cliffside definitely no. If youre on flat land jumping and strafing can give you an increase in your dodges.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Depends. If you're on a mountain, next to lava, or next to a very large drop, do not jump whilst attacking. When hit in mid air, a small amount of knockback damage is dealt out to the player hit. However, if playing on stable ground, it is a viable tactic. When jumping around, it can disorient and confuse your opponent, as well as make you a harder target.

As for myself, I never jump whilst attacking because I don't like to lose my aim by jumping.

E. Also, don't double post. You can use the edit button to add more to a post. Just a word of warning.

EE. Alright, my mistake. It wasn't a double post. Only two pandas

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Depends. If you're on a mountain, next to lava, or next to a very large drop, do not jump whilst attacking. When hit in mid air, a small amount of knockback damage is dealt out to the player hit. However, if playing on stable ground, it is a viable tactic. When jumping around, it can disorient and confuse your opponent, as well as make you a harder target.

As for myself, I never jump whilst attacking because I don't like to lose my aim by jumping.

E. Also, don't double post. You can use the edit button to add more to a post. Just a word of warning.
He didnt double post?

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
Like the others said, it really depends on the situation, but usually getting as much crits as possible is a good idea.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Like the others said, it really depends on the situation, but usually getting as much crits as possible is a good idea.
If what you're saying is that jumping causes criticals, I believe you're mistaken. A critical melee is caused by falling, not jumping. For proof, this is from the Minecraft wiki:
In melee, a critical hit occurs when a player attacks a mob while FALLING, not while jumping

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If what you're saying is that jumping causes criticals, I believe you're mistaken. A critical melee is caused by falling, not jumping. For proof, this is from the Minecraft wiki:
But you need to jump in order to fall...

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You have 700 wins :p just do what you have been doing(it obviously works :p

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
How are you supposed to fall if you don't jump? If you aren't already in the air you can't fall (derp).

I would go mainly with what others said, jumping is helpful on flat land, but don't do it near hills and other hazards.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I use a fishing rod to knockback players before jumping to get crits. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci