• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Accusing People Of Hacking.

Snipez

Gold
Reaction score
Yo,

Recently I've seen a increase in the amount of people accusing me or other MCGamer users of hacking.
I think a reason these players accuse is because they got killed and they are just frustrated with the game, or on the other hand where people pull of 'amazing' moves that are hard to do e.g: cross-map bow.

I am getting sick and tired of seeing in chat after I die ''Hacks'' or ''so and so hacks''.

What I normally say to people that accuse is "Did you record, because I would love to see that." or just simply saying "Report me, let a Moderator check it out."

I would like to read your opinions on this!

-Snipe

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but publicly accusing someone of hacking is against the rules, correct me if I'm wrong. People need to know to record sufficient evidence or report it to a Moderator, because what on earth is calling "Hacks" going to do?

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't understand what is the relevance for blatantly accusing someone of hacking, I could find it a little bit childish, yet again, I've done it myself before. They do however, have their respective opinions but enforcing it on others, or just yelling it out like that shouldn't matter. It is so much easier to just try to get some evidence and reporting, because just saying "Hacks, nub, ggrekt10" and all that won't help in the situation at all. However, since that is the case, it would mean you are so professional and good at the game, that people think you hack, so that's kind of a good advantage, knowing that you play so much better. :)

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
I do get accused of hacks, when I take out the occasional 3 team, or straight up no running take out a double team with sword and rod. I don't particularly care, as long as I don't get unfairly banned. The good players generally rage the most :p

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but publicly accusing someone of hacking is against the rules, correct me if I'm wrong. People need to know to record sufficient evidence or report it to a Moderator, because what on earth is calling "Hacks" going to do?
As an ex-mod, I can tell you that simply accusing someone of hacks isn't against the rules. However, like you said, players, and even moderators, need evidence of the person in question hacking before they can do anything.

In my opinion, it should be against the rules to call someone out like that. It's frustrating to say the least.

Prince

Diamond
Reaction score
As an ex-mod, I can tell you that simply accusing someone of hacks isn't against the rules. However, like you said, players, and even moderators, need evidence of the person in question hacking before they can do anything.

In my opinion, it should be against the rules to call someone out like that. It's frustrating to say the least.
But what if good player's call other good player's on hacks?

Avaline

Platinum
Reaction score
Everybody who kills you is a hacker.

To be honest, I think it's just a matter of mood c: People tent to be like "oh well it's just a game" or " I'll win next time" If they are in good mood, and the other way around :3 It's always nicer to play when being in good mood :3

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
The reason people publicly call hacks on someone is for others to team up and take that person down. I've done it myself, but only when i am 100% sure they are hacking, otherwise i feel i just ruined someones day, but the hacker is ruining ours so that's how i feel it's justified.

I wouldn't let being called a hacker bother you, it should inspire you that people think your hacker you're just that good :D

Aldo1497

Diamond
Reaction score
I´m tired too :c I´m getting called hacker multiple times this couple of weeks. And I´m starting to get mad so what I just say is "Report me, but I will not get punished since I do not use hacks". And then I leave and jump to another lobby.

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
But what if good player's call other good player's on hacks?
Not exactly sure what you mean by that.

If it's regarding the suggestion that calling out for hacks shouldn't be allowed, they should be treated just like any other person.

If you're saying that if someone experienced calls someone out for hacks, they're telling the truth as they have played long enough to know what hack look like, I'd have to say there are certain situations where they might be mistaken; maybe there was lag involved, maybe the person who the good player is calling hacks on has been mean to him in the past, etc. We shouldn't just trust someone because they've played for a long time, similar to the fact that even if you donate, you can't be fully trusted.

MCOnThePCAndrew

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly, threads like this only worsen the problem. If you stop it will go away. Also, who cares if someone accuses you of hacking? Take it as a complement that someone thinks you're beating them so bad that you're hacking. Also, you know if you're hacking or not. And even if they report you, it's not enough evidence because you're not hacking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci