• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Account upgrades....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidK

Spectator
Reaction score
The idea of bringing in extra money to pay for your servers, is very good, but quite expensive... 10$ a month for the lowest level seems pretty overpriced. I know we see a lot of players running around with coloured name-tags, but the numbers of them will probably thin out... Nobody wants to pay over time. People of course will, but perhaps it might increase your sales, if you made it a one purchase, lifetime. However, make this an additional option to the current, and make the single purchases $100.00. Then the people who think they will play for 9 months or less will buy monthly, and the players who think they will play 10 months or more can go for 100$, and have a permanent. Not many people will pay 100$ for a Minecraft server, and fewer still will actually play on the survival games for more than 10 months. Therefore, a few people will spring for 100$, but probably not play for 10 months.

So:
$100 = Lifetime Iron
$125 = Lifetime Gold
$150 = Lifetime Diamond

As you can see I have just added the extra price from the higher ranks (monthly) to the higher levels... Perhaps these should be doubled so:

$100 = Lifetime Iron
$150 = Lifetime Gold
$200 = Lifetime Diamond

Tell me what you think! If this does come to pass then I will probably donate. :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
No. Servers cost a lot of money monthly and there are 56 servers to pay for. That's a TON of money being used each month to keep these servers up. It has to stay monthly, but maybe a yearly option would be nice too ($110 Iron instead of $120, $275 instead of $300 for Gold, $550 instead of the normal Diamond $600 for a year). A lifetime option wouldn't help the server, and your options are awful because the Gold donors pay $25 per month and the diamond donors pay $50 per month.
If you only payed once, sure there would be more donors, but there would probably be about HALF the amount of servers there are right now. Not happening.

zeejayy

Career
Reaction score
You see, the problem with that is.. Chad pays for these servers every month so, if everyone bought lifetime donor, the flow of money would run dry.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Plus too, if I make lifetime donors, this community could possibly change a lot a year from now. We figured $10 is low enough for anyone to pitch in as I don't want to be like other servers who want a lot upfront. These sponsored accounts will actually carry over to the other gameplay we are adding (the creative and survival servers) and you will be donating for "3" servers.

If I ever make something yearly once we are stable enough, I can possibly look into long term accounts like maybe 3 to 6 months. I still think annually is way too long.

Thank you for your suggestion you guys and keep them coming!

BHLxLiam

Survivor
Reaction score
i would donate but as it is monthly i am not as i cant afford to pay $10 every month

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Servers cost a monthly fee, so they have to make it monthly.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
that's €360
To be paid in parts of €10 p/m :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
yeah i will i will peob be on here for at least another 3 years if its still around by that time !
Maybe. But I get bored of playing something when I play for (at most) a year. Maybe this will be a new record :p But anyways, I still think it's good how it is, and maybe wait for when Chad opens up a 3-6 month option (whatever he was thinking of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci