• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About the map system and the amount of maps

ugle99

Experienced
Reaction score
Regarding the maps on MCSG

This has been bothering me for quite awhile now. The maps have lower quality and isn't as good as they once were and you don't get the excitement of a new map being added. But I think there is another problem. We have too many maps that looks like the same and many maps get overplayed while the really good and big maps never get played because they take so long time and people don't have a chestroute.

The biggest problem in my opinion is that too many maps are build with the same consept. We have too many forest-themed maps, too many winter-themed maps and more. The most popular maps in each category gets played while the others are just forgtten. The forgotten maps are also good, but people havn't played them enough to get a chestroute so they don't want to play them. I have a two suggestions that I think MCSG should test out on some of the servers.

Suggestion 1:
Choose 1-2 maps of each theme and use only these maps for 1 day before they are being changed. The same map can be on the server 2 days in a row before they get changed.

Here are my suggestions on the different themes they should have
Sg1-5
2 Forest-themed maps
2 Winter-themed maps
1 Desert-themed map
1-2 City-themed maps
3-5 Maps with their own special theme

Suggestion 2:
The maps get picked randomly, but 4 rounds have to be played before a map could get selected again.

Suggestion 3:
Decrease the amount of maps and test maps on a couple of selected servers before you add them to the server. MCSG have to be 100% sure that they won't remove the maps and the map must be outstanding in both PvP and Design. It would make it harder for mapmakers to get a map on the server, but I think it is needed. Let also the community be apart of diciding witch map that should be on the server and listen to what they think of the maps.

Let there be some time before you add new maps and if you add new maps, then you could possibly switch it out with another map, but if so, you need to make sure to the mapmakers that their map possibly can get switched with another map. This makes it feel like it is new maps often and you don't get bored of the same old maps.

The quality of maps have also decreased, but that is also the community's fault. I remember when everybody was complaining about no new maps and they should add this and that. MCSG added many of the maps suggested and suddenly everybody complains about the quality of the maps even though it was them that said they should add it. That's also why I think you should thest the maps before you add them. The maps look amazing and everybody wants to play them, but when they first try them they are like: "Meh, this sucks. Chad it's you're fault, I'm leaving because of this stupid map I said you should add a couple months ago!"

So I want you to at least try out some of the suggestions on a couple of servers just to see how it goes. Or maybe make them permanent on some of the servers, but not all.

If you have others suggestions, please post them below

YoungWolfyy_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
SG 1 - 5
Breeze Island (Water) and Demons Breeze (Fire/Lava)
Solar Frost
Valleyside University and Rugged Lands )My Favourite maps)
Teweran SG 1 & 2

ugle99

Experienced
Reaction score
SG 1 - 5
Breeze Island (Water) and Demons Breeze (Fire/Lava)
Solar Frost
Valleyside University and Rugged Lands )My Favourite maps)
Teweran SG 1 & 2
Yeah, like that, but the maps gets switched with a new set of maps the next day or week or something. You could suggest what kind of themes you want if you'd like too.

YoungWolfyy_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, like that, but the maps gets switched with a new set of maps the next day or week or something. You could suggest what kind of themes you want if you'd like too.

I like the old format. Once you vote for a map, you'll never get the same one after 5 rounds.

ugle99

Experienced
Reaction score
I like the old format. Once you vote for a map, you'll never get the same one after 5 rounds.
Do you like the maps though? And what about overplayed maps, and it wouldn't hurt to try the other systems so people could test out what they like the best. I think the map system is okay, but it coul've been better or it could've been a bit of variation from time to time so you don't get tired of the same old same old.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I do feel like our maps have decreased in quality somewhat, there have been some good new maps, namely Avaracia (or however you spell it).

From what I've heard, the administration of this site is putting together a team of our top builders, officers, and a few other people. The team will go through maps, those in the server and those suggested by users in the Maps section of the forums, and decide whether they should be added or removed from the servers. Now, this is only rumor, and I may very well be wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci