• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

6 Months - 182.5 Days - 4380 Hours

Sylnt

Quantum
Reaction score
Well, 6 months after I said goodbye to that quantum tag, here I am! Still going strong. Now, as the months started to stack up, I really started to realise how much I am enjoying this position! I love interacting with the community, and helping people out! I’m so thankful for this opportunity!

So for 6 months, I thought I would go through, my story, my MCgamer story.

So it all started 15 years ago… Ok not that far back, jump forward to 2013.

At the start of 2013, I clicked purchase on a little game called “Minecraft” not knowing that this is the start of something amazing. At this point in time, I just wanted to spend $25 on outmatching my friends roller coaster, which I think I did quite well. I kept tinkering around in single player, building houses, building cities, beating the game - the usual. Then I started to get bored of the game, and for a month, it just sat on my desktop screen. Until I opened it again, and saw “Multiplayer” this was a foreign object to me, so I clicked it. Then I looked up on the internet “Minecraft Server” and got a few of the most “Famous” servers come up, but one caught my eye… “MCSG” I thought “Eh why not” So I got the IP, and logged on, not knowing that I had started a strange addiction! It was around August 31st that I conjured up the courage to make an application for moderator, I was only 13 at the time, so we all know what happened there… and then, about a year and a half and about 5 applications later, I got a notification on my Ipod that saying I had a reply to a watched thread, and this thread was my application for moderator… what I saw just made me have the biggest smile on my face! I had been pushed to the interview stage! I jumped for joy! And then a while after, another email came through, from Alyssa saying that I had been pushed to the interview stage! That was one of the best days ever, not knowing that a day to come, would out match that one… Ok so lets time travel a bit to about, eh, lets same 3 days later, March 16th 2016, the day I got hired by the AU Squad - Alyssa , Frankyy , dinbae . I also remembering it as the day I had to stall my dinner because of my interview! And also Frankyy wanted subway half way through it, so yeah! That was a very very good day for me, and I knew that I was going to love the job. And here we are today 6 Months or 182.5 Days or 4380 Hours or 262800 Minutes or 15767999.98774 Seconds later, as I sit at my computer screen typing this up for you guys! Wait, speaking of dinner, catch ya later!

-Sylnt / Luke <3

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Love you, Luke. So ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ glad you're here!! <3

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Your story went from, buying Minecraft to beating your friend in building a rollecoaster, then searching up a Minecraft Server, then MCSG catching your eye, then Mod, did you not do anything like join clans, play survival games in the 2 years from joining the server? I was expecting a story. :/

Congratulations on 6 months though, it is good to see you're still here even though there is no AU region.

Sylnt

Quantum
Reaction score
Congrats on 6 months Luke! :)
Thanks dude!
Your story went from, buying Minecraft to beating your friend in building a rollecoaster, then searching up a Minecraft Server, then MCSG catching your eye, then Mod, did you not do anything like join clans, play survival games in the 2 years from joining the server? I was expecting a story. :/

Congratulations on 6 months though, it is good to see you're still here even though there is no AU region.
Wasn't really big on clans, I mean they were fun, but I didn't really have too many big highlights with them, thanks anyways!

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
OMG THAT WAS YOUR INTERVIEW WHERE FRANKYY WENT TO GET SUBWAY HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA That is fantastic hahahahhahaa, I remember that so well xD

Axanite | Liam

Plate head.
Reaction score
Grats on 6 months Luke!

(That title makes me feel old.. 1 year 10 months and 28 days (aka 16,752 hours) .-.)

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
Congratulations Luke! Here's to a year!

Keep doing your best, you're an amazing Moderator! <3

DaddyCleanup

Career
Reaction score
Congratulations! ;) It's nice to see that someone from AU (New Zealand I believe) is still here! :)

Sylnt

Quantum
Reaction score
OMG THAT WAS YOUR INTERVIEW WHERE FRANKYY WENT TO GET SUBWAY HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA That is fantastic hahahahhahaa, I remember that so well xD
Haha good times!

Grats on 6 months Luke!

(That title makes me feel old.. 1 year 10 months and 28 days (aka 16,752 hours) .-.)
Thanks! That is a long time haha!

Congratulations Luke! Here's to a year!

Keep doing your best, you're an amazing Moderator! <3
Thank you Getix! You are an amazing staff member too! <33

Congratulations! ;) It's nice to see that someone from AU (New Zealand I believe) is still here! :)
Thank you dude! And yes, it is New Zealand

MysticZen

Survivor
Reaction score
(Random person coming through)

Congratz on 6 months! Interesting knowing that there are a lot of ex-mods who never made it to or past a couple months, let alone 6. Let's hope you make it to a year! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci