• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 PVP Help

Fusionnuggets

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey :/

Basically since I've started using 1.8 I've been even worse at pvp and over all it just feels choppy and slow now.
Any tips? I know I'm not explaining this very well but pretty much I was ok with 1.7 and now I'm garbage :p

am0r_

Diamond
Reaction score
Go back to 1.7 everyone feels this way, or just get used to it, what I do now is rod hit rod hit till the person dies, a plus is that you get good ping also

Reaction score
Explains me going from 1.6 to 1.7.....

Honestly, practicing is the main thing that will help. You said it seems choppy and slower, and there isn't really anything to fix that if it's something to do with minecraft, that us unless they update once more. If you can get used to choppy FPS, then it won't effect gameplay.

Fusionnuggets

Platinum
Reaction score
Explains me going from 1.6 to 1.7.....

Honestly, practicing is the main thing that will help. You said it seems choppy and slower, and there isn't really anything to fix that if it's something to do with minecraft, that us unless they update once more. If you can get used to choppy FPS, then it won't effect gameplay.
Choppy was probably the wrong word to use, I meant more like harder to control? I really don't know anymore... Thanks for trying to help.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have found the most success by simply running up to Battlegrounds players and jitter clicking. Surprisingly, it works. Really stupid, but if you want to win easily, just do it.

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
I would suggest taking a break from Mcsg to protect your stats and play on another pvp server. So you can improve your skills and slowly become use to 1.8. Try 1v1 servers kitpvp or things like this.

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
I've just practiced on badlion. I find 1.8 as a good thing because of the kick-ass reach you can get on it, and the rod casts aren't as delayed anymore (At least for me) so I've become way better with the rod now. Just go on a pvp server and practice the things you were good at in 1.7, and they'll come naturally to you. That happened for me.

OGLad_

Career
Reaction score
I've just practiced on badlion. I find 1.8 as a good thing because of the kick-ass reach you can get on it, and the rod casts aren't as delayed anymore (At least for me) so I've become way better with the rod now. Just go on a pvp server and practice the things you were good at in 1.7, and they'll come naturally to you. That happened for me.
last pick in uscl??

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But Badlion is 1.7; I would lose even if I got much better.

K

KiDD

If 1.8 PvP truly is that much an issue, then it'd be in your best interest to become fluent with 1.8. Get used to the way 1.8 PvP works, and practice. I understand that some are built to versions of PvP, but becoming fluent with different ways of PvP in 1.8 is pretty simple. I'll be honest, there's a hidden flow to 1.8 PvP that I noticed weeks after PvPing on 1.8 that is not easy to notice. If you ever notice it, PvPing will be fun ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci