• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 Name Change

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Bumping this up, as I want to know too and am a bit too lazy to look it up.

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
I think its either in a later version of 1.8 or in 1.9.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This could've been a status update?
Nah, I think it's worth having a tiny thread for it.

If almost nobody commented here, powski making a status update would have gotten completely ignored.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think I heard somewhere that they were going to release it once enough (big) servers upgraded to 1.8, which many have done already and especially since optifine 1.8 was released recently, it should not take too long anymore. But do not quote me on that :)

Also, this [0:00 - 1:15] :

Seems that they are very very close so (not want to make this to seem like I am advertising because I am not, honestly) keep an eye out on his videos. :)

powdski

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think I heard somewhere that they were going to release it once enough (big) servers upgraded to 1.8, which many have done already and especially since optifine 1.8 was released recently, it should not take too long anymore. But do not quote me on that :)

Seems that they are very very close so (not want to make this to seem like I am advertising because I am not, honestly) keep an eye out on his videos. :)
Kk

Reaction score

Adding on to this, if it's not stated in the video, I believe it's when a majority of the minecraft community switch to 1.8, not 1.7. Wouldn't a major update be useless if no one used it?

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Adding on to this, if it's not stated in the video, I believe it's when a majority of the minecraft community switch to 1.8, not 1.7. Wouldn't a major update be useless if no one used it?
^^ I approve this message and that is probably one of the main reasons it has not happened yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci