• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.6 and 1.7

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Simplified version of the purpose of this thread:

Can MCSG allow both 1.6 and 1.7 clients?

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
Sadly I don't think this is possible. With all the major changes that came with 1.7, I don't think its even possible to make it to where you can play with 1.6.4.
It is, I have experienced this on other servers as well.

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
If they did do this can the 1.6 players use bsm since it would even the playing fields.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Right my cmment here might not be entirely true but this is what I guess is going on. Due to the way the MCSG plugin works it might not be compatible with the newest version or newer versions of other plugins. This might be possible on other servers however if it was possible they would have done it if that was the best option.

Also on the note of BSM it is still an unfair advantage over others that have it due to it having it permanently locked on as opposed you have to press to keep it on.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
If they did do this can the 1.6 players use bsm since it would even the playing fields.
No.

EDIT: See the post by @Ninga below, or any of the other dozens of threads related to this issue that have already been answered.

Last edited:

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
You do realize 1.7 sprint and bsm are completely 2 different things? In no way does 1.7 sprint gives as much of an advantage as bsm. People will still use bsm in 1.7, now it will be harder to catch of course but it will still be giving them an advantage.

Also, the reason you asked for this might be implying that you use it.. Just saying.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The BSM discussion is not relevant to this thread.

I'm going to tag some developers because I feel this is an important matter for players who rely on Optifine

@subv3rsion
@Forairan

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
You do realize 1.7 sprint and bsm are completely 2 different things? In no way does 1.7 sprint gives as much of an advantage as bsm. People will still use bsm in 1.7, now it will be harder to catch of course but it will still be giving them an advantage.

Also, the reason you asked for this might be implying that you use it.. Just saying.
So your accusing me of using BSM due to a Question i asked ? hmmm no wonder thers so many false bans. Also 1.7 BS is fairly smiler to BSM SIMILAR not exact. I do agree there is a little bit of advantage but never the less it is quite similar. The only difference being you are able to toggle your sprint so you won't stop sprinting which is in my opinion sprint hacks. Other than that it basically does the same thing which would be to bind your sprint. Correct me if i am wrong. You have never ever seen me play so don't imply that i am hacking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci