• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff 001nathan100 - My MCGamer Story

001nathan100

Quantum
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've never considered myself an inspirational writer, but I wanted to share my personal MCSG story with you guys. I feel like this is something I should have done before, but I just didn't have had any inspiration yet. It turned out to be quite a bit longer than i expected, so i hope you will settle it through. I can promise you one thing: it isn't boring ;). Here it is.

I actually don't even know the exact date when I started playing, but I do know that is was in the times of MCSG beta. I found out about these servers when I was looking for a proper hunger games server. I started playing, and really enjoyed my time. It took me a while to get my first win, but the excitement of playing kept giving me a kick to continue. I started winning, and winning more, and even got myself up to the first 100 when the leaderboards reset. This is all very long ago and a lot of you haven't probably gone through this phase of MCSG.

Later, when MCSG v1 was release (at least I think, don't quote me on this), I joined Nitride. It was one of the old top clans on MCSG owned by echo_555. I got into the clan by talking to iProGames. He was one of the first people I actually talked with while playing MCSG, if not the first person outside of my country I spoke with through Skype. So I've been a part of Nitride for quite a while. It was a nice clan, and I really enjoyed my time there. It got to play with some of the old legends. Maybe some of you remember iFrox, he used to be the old nr. 1. And a lot of others, too many to name.

But then unfortunately due to several personal reasons I had to quit MCSG. I am not going into detail about it. I might do that another time. I stopped playing MCSG until this January this year. I can remember quite well when I started playing again. I was really really unfamiliar with the changes that happened. So much has happened in the time I was gone that I didn't think I would last long... But I started playing again, and I started experiencing the kick of playing again. And it felt good.

It was around April I think when I did a livestream, just for the funs. That's when I met srgpeppers, or as some of you might know him now, RonnieBond123. At first I didn't trust him at all... I thought he was going to kill me, but he turned out to be one of the best friends I have now on MCGamer. Through him I got into contact with Exploding_Wrath, who I didn't have a really good relation with on the servers at that time. It was really funny how I got I to talking with him, although I actually didn't want to. He turned out to be a really nice guy (sometimes ;)). In the months after that I made more friends and we played like crazy, until up a certain moment.

This was a change in my MCGamer career. I felt like doing something back for the community. I've been playing so much on there, and I felt like doing something back. So, I applied for moderator. There wasn't any real other reason for me to apply than just my real desire to help out this community. I had applied before, like 2 or maybe 3 times. But they were all one sentence long.

So, I started writing my application while I was on holiday. Turned out that I completely wrote it on my phone, like I am writing this now as well. I had put a lot of effort in it and I really thought I was going to make it through. But then, one day after applying, I got a notification, I got denied again. So I went to the reply, and saw LadyOfLove had replied. But she didn't just reply a standard reply. She told me to elaborate one specific bit. I don't know how many sr moderators reply like this, but this really gave me more motivation to improve my application. So I did, what resulted me in getting to pending stage. I've never been so happy in my life before, and I want to thank you publicly ladyoflove for giving me these words when denying me (I know it sounds weird).

So, pending stage wasn't that hard for me to get through. I've always been a good boy (also don't quote me on this). But then came the most nervewrecking part: the interview. Now, I was really nervous at first, also because I had no idea what to expect and when to expect it. But I went in the waiting room, and what do you know... They were doing interviews. So I had my interview exactly 1 day after getting the waiting rank. Unfortunately I didn't have many waiting buddies, the one I had resigned pretty quickly, and I haven't heard of him since. My interview was lead by DracoHD, and I can promise you: he is the nicest guy I've ever met. He really made me feel comfortable, and he still does :)

After maybe 45 minutes of talking, and them discussing their important stuff, they pulled me back in, and told me I had the capabilities of being a moderator. Boy, was I excited! That was when my journey on MCGamer really started.

I started to get more involved with the community. I remember Celine | Sphaera poking me right when I got training telling me she liked me already because I was Dutch. Also a shout out to MoLoToV to guiding me through my first weeks as a moderator. You really helped me out a lot buddy! After a month or so of being a moderator, my life became a little silent again. I was just sitting in TeamSpeak, not really talking to anyone, just doing my job. But I realised that I was missing something. It wasn't complete. So I tried to get more involved again, talking to fellow staff members. I've had a crazy long conversation with Sphaera_ :p, and talked with more people along the way. But it wasn't until two weeks ago, when I truly uncovered friendship on here. I was in a TeamSpeak channel with Nephilim and a friend of his when Avaline joined, saying that she was left alone, so she came along looking for some buddies. Thats when I started talking to her. Boy, did that turn upside down my life. We had been talking for almost a week about so many things, little things, big things. She truly made me feel happy in times that I was flooded with sadness. Unfortunately us talking led into some trouble and misunderstandings that almost completely destroyed our friendship. Luckily we got to talk about it and everything got its place :). We now talk a lot, and she still helps me when I am in a really sad mood, and so do I help her. The last couple weeks did really help me growing up, it was like an emotional rollercoaster, which I haven't left quite yet. But I am curious what life will bring me in the future, and I am more than ready to take on any challenge that will be facing me.

I hope you enjoyed reading this veeeery long piece of text, and I will see you all around on TeamSpeak or the servers!

- Nathan

ImCeline

Career
Reaction score
I remember that poke xD
And that long conversation, that only started with me asking where you lived in the group chat on slack :)
The conversation went on for 2-3 hours. Damn, I didn't expect that to happen. Anyway, you've become a great friend and I hope to be able to meet you whenever I'm at Robin's <3

iFroxFTW

Survivor
Reaction score
I should really write something similar but damn, I'm lazy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci