• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Youtube

crashman360

Tribute
Reaction score
Okay so, I understand that Youtube channel advertising is disallowed completely here, unless it contains MCSG Content. Well i think that shouldn't be the case. I think you should be able to post your Youtube channel, regardless of what it's about, especially in a sub-forum called off-topic, or even the media forum.

What i think should happen is that, it should be allowed but with guidelines to refrain people from abusing it.
What would happen is each person who wishes to start a youtube channel, would be allowed under the following rules.

1: actively Updating thread to ensure that it's not pointless.
2: One thread per person. If you want to advertise a channel, you are limited to one thread, to prevent spam.
3: Minimum of 5 videos.
4: Only One bump per day, and the thread links must be added to by editing the original post, not replying to it.

I think with these guidelines it would be fair to the people of mcsg who own active Youtube channels, as well as the people in charge of handling the forums.

Thank you, Any questions?

Salamancer101

Platinum
Reaction score
I disagree with this completely. The reason we have a media section is to share our experiences on the servers, not to share your latest exploits in COD. The media section is strictly MCSG, and should stay that way. Honestly, posting non-mcsg videos is disrespect, using another's hard work to popularize yours. Sharing non-mcsg related channels in off topic discussions isn't so bad, but the way you describe it, it will litteraly spam those forums with unneeded threads.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I disagree with this completely. The reason we have a media section is to share our experiences on the servers, not to share your latest exploits in COD. The media section is strictly MCSG, and should stay that way. Honestly, posting non-mcsg videos is disrespect, using another's hard work to popularize yours. Sharing non-mcsg related channels in off topic discussions isn't so bad, but the way you describe it, it will litteraly spam those forums with unneeded threads.
Let's be honest, not much discussion happens about particular videos in the media section.

Salamancer101

Platinum
Reaction score
Let's be honest, not much discussion happens about particular videos in the media section.
While that may be true, it can be inferred that this is a minecraft server forum, not YouTube, if he wants to share his videos not related to MCSG, post them on YouTube and tell his personal friends about it, not a community about something completely different.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
While that may be true, it can be inferred that this is a minecraft server forum, not YouTube, if he wants to share his videos not related to MCSG, post them on YouTube and tell his personal friends about it, not a community about something completely different.
Alas, this is a Minecraft-related forum, but I agree that any general Youtube content should be able to be shared with the community. Plus, if you market a Youtube gamer who's NOT into Minecraft, if they get enough requests, there's always a chance they'll go where the market leads.

You could at least try to make his suggestion better instead of blowing it off completely. Yeesh! Ever heard of constructive criticism?

Salamancer101

Platinum
Reaction score
Alas, this is a Minecraft-related forum, but I agree that any general Youtube content should be able to be shared with the community. Plus, if you market a Youtube gamer who's NOT into Minecraft, if they get enough requests, there's always a chance they'll go where the market leads.

You could at least try to make his suggestion better instead of blowing it off completely. Yeesh! Ever heard of constructive criticism?
I did not provide constructive criticism as it is impossible to improve upon this suggestion.

This is not a feature suggestion, this is a change in rules. There are reasons the rules were created. He is suggesting non-mcsg related content will be allowed to be posted in the media section and the off topic forums. As well as allowing that YouTube to bump the thread, which could easily spam those forums with tons of YouTube threads. The rules set in place here are just like Youtubes in relation to the fact that they don't want 3rd parties benefitting of of them. The media section as I said before, is and always will be strictly MCSG related. I'm not being harsh or mean, I'm stating it for a fact that the rules will not be changed.

Upward

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey there,
So, you are really not suppose to post your Youtube videos on the forums even if they have to do with the MCSG server. Almost every time a video is posted to a thread trying to advertise their channel, its is either "-sniped-" out or, is removed from the communities site.

The main reason I feel that we (the MCSG Staff team) don't wish for players/Youtubers to be able to advertise their channels freely is because it would bring a lot of flame and unnecessary issues to the table.

From what I am getting from your post, you are saying that each player that wishes to advertise their Youtube channel, would have a specific thread. Correct? If thats what you are say, there would be a TON of thread that would need a lot of moderating (due to flame from other players, and making sure they are not post inappropriate content). Also, if players were able to post any types of videos that they wanted, then we would basically be giving free advertising to the servers that we compete with.

All around, I think it would be a decent idea, but I feel as if it would case more problems than anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci