• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

WTFast Allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is WTFast allowed on MCGamer? If it is and if i was to use it what would be best for me im currently in the UK i want better connection to the US servers what should i change it to?

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Actually... WTFast is known to help provide a better connection to domains and servers, as long as it only lessens your lag, and doesn't make you more powerful in-game, then it should be allowed, so you got nothing to worry about. WTFast just helps get a better connection. However, if there ever comes a case of it not being allowed, you can always switch the EU servers. :)

Reaction score
Actually... WTFast is known to help provide a better connection to domains and servers, as long as it only lessens your lag, and doesn't make you more powerful in-game, then it should be allowed, so you got nothing to worry about. WTFast just helps get a better connection. However, if there ever comes a case of it not being allowed, you can always switch the EU servers. :)
It doesn't seem to work thoe when i switch to canada it gives me the same ping?

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to work thoe when i switch to canada it gives me the same ping?
Maybe cause its doesnt actually change your location. It kind of does, but only "on paper". Your ping stays the same, but there might be slight changes

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
WTFast won't increase your connection to the server, it'll most likely only slow it down. Basically the programs makes the server you are connecting to think you are at another location ( closer ) than you actually are, which would result into having the connection to take a different path to the server. On domains it might increase your connection, as they sometime let you take another way as you are in a specific country, but for MCSG it won't increase your connection at all.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
...WTFast is known to help provide a better connection to domains and servers, as long as it only lessens your lag, and doesn't make you more powerful in-game, then it should be allowed...
As long as it does not give you an unfair advantage in-game like kill aura does, then it is perfectly fine and you are allowed to use it.
WTFast won't increase your connection to the server, it'll most likely only slow it down. Basically the programs makes the server you are connecting to think you are at another location ( closer ) than you actually are, which would result into having the connection to take a different path to the server. On domains it might increase your connection, as they sometime let you take another way as you are in a specific country, but for MCSG it won't increase your connection at all.
Though as MoLoToV said, there is not really a reason to use it.

QA;TL. If you have any more questions/queries, feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci