• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why are the servers so laggy lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanScientist

Spectator
Reaction score
I've died like 10 times just in the last month from insane lag. It's so incredibly bad and frustrating.

It's at its most obvious (and feels the worst and most unfair) when I'm running from somebody, then all of a sudden I'm dead. Looking down none of my items are where i was at. Flying back I can see the guy who was hunting me about 25 blocks behind were i Actually was, standing and sorting through my stuff.

My internet connection is shouldn't be the problem, as I'm on a 100/100 line and I'm getting around 90mB/s down and 70mB/s up

And those 10 deaths were Just instances like those i described above, where i was running then all of a sudden died because of lag. I've had lots of other deaths that i feel could have been because of lag aswell.

This is regarding the EU servers.

Harmonicat

Experienced
Reaction score
From personal experience, the server stability can be all over the place. I think it might just be a problem with the host, not you. When I had the problem, I tried playing early in the morning (Just go to sleep earlier and set your clock for a fairly reasonable time, like 8). I had way less lag. It might be due to the fact that in the afternoon (and on weekends) the player count is through the roof. Don't take my word for that though.

However, today I was playing in the afternoon and everything ran smooth as clockwork, so I really can't say for sure what the problem is.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
The problem with the EU servers at the moment is actually to do with the host not mcsg. The devs are working their hardest with the host company to try and resolve the issue. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci