• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why are the EU servers in such a bad state compared to US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
I am aware of the fact that the devs have done A LOT for the community lately and I do appreciate it but the state of EU servers has been TERRIBLE lately. I do understand that the transition from 1.6 to 1.7 might have caused some of these problems, but a lot of them have been on-going from the moment the EU hub was introduced and haven't been fixed since then. I also don't understand why the US servers seem to work perfectly fine. I really dislike the fact that the US servers seem to be a priority to the developers and EU gets left with all those small bugs that can completely ruin the game. I honestly love some of the newly-added features such as the /disguise command but what's the point in it if people get kicked from the game randomly anyway? When connecting from the hub, it's basically impossible for European players to join a game within 10 seconds because we get spammed with the "already connecting to this server" message, whereas all it takes for US members is one click. This issue has been there for months now, why hasn't it been fixed yet? :/

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I know, I know.
MCSG will obviously give more priority to their server with more traffic, more people, more games played, etc. Nonetheless, EU still gets some priority compared to AU. The best thing to do is probably get enough people to email to MCSG to work on their other servers rather than only focusing on US.

agentkiller158

District 13
Reaction score
Not sure if it's me, but it seems you can hit more further in US. While in EU, you have to be closer. >.<

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
You probably won't believe me when I say this, but we do actually pay attention to our other regions. EU sometimes has more players on than US (!), so why would we not pay attention to it?
As you pointed out, a lot of these issues are caused by the 1.6 -> 1.7 conversion and are actively being worked on (such as the random kicks from servers). As for the login times - our US servers are literally in the same datacenter as our database server, which is why logins are instant in US. Our EU servers are (obviously) not, so we're working on a workaround to move this sometimes 10 second login time from every time you join a server to only when you first connect. This same workaround will also work to greatly reduce the server login time on AU to nearly instant.

So yes, we're working on fixes for all of the aforementioned issues. However, each of the fixes (especially the slow login time workaround) have to be tested thoroughly before they are released to avoid even more issues.

Question answered, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci