• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

When clients crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Lightning

Spectator
Reaction score
I've noticed that anyone who logs out automatically becomes a spectator, without giving them time to log back in. This is a problem for people with clients that crash. I propose a fix to this.

If a player logs out, they should be given one minute to log back in before they automatically drop their inventory and become a spectator.
If a player logs out in combat, they should immediately drop their inventory and become a spectator.

Valorman1

Tribute
Reaction score
It's a good idea, would be a little complicated I think. They would need to have a timer system in for you to not become a spectator instantly. They would also need to make it so people cannot join while your still in that time period, since right now once someone leaves, someone joins almost immediately. But I do like the idea.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
i can definately see the benefits of this feature but think of the abuse this would get. You're being chased, you run to the top of a building in map 2 and jump, then quickly log out and back in. From what plug-ins i've seen associated with safely allowing a re-log you would survive the fall and be able to sprint off leaving the poor Im insulting someones family and I should feel bad behind... correct me if this is untrue but this is what i would expect to see happening...

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
There are servers that have a plugin that kills you if you pvp log. It will say that the last person to hit you in 30 seconds killed you. They can probably build off of one of those plugins. :)

MPMG

Tribute
Reaction score
I think that it should be 30 seconds and should also apply to spectators its possible to do the combat thing but kinda hard

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
It would be a lot more complicated than it seems because eventually SOMEONE is going to go around abusing it somehow.
It would be nice to have, as getting dc'd in the middle of matches is insanely frustrating when you're doing well, but it seems like it would cause more problems than it's worth.

Speed Lightning

Spectator
Reaction score
i can definately see the benefits of this feature but think of the abuse this would get. You're being chased, you run to the top of a building in map 2 and jump, then quickly log out and back in. From what plug-ins i've seen associated with safely allowing a re-log you would survive the fall and be able to sprint off leaving the poor Im insulting someones family and I should feel bad behind... correct me if this is untrue but this is what i would expect to see happening...
We can counter it by using a system that saves the player's last block stood on before logout, then calculates that to where they land, whether or not they logged to avoid the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci