• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What will happen to the name change in version 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeisy

Diamond
Reaction score
I have a big question about the update that minecraft launch the new version (1.8) that we can change our username.
The guys who had either permanent ban for "Hacks, insults or any reason" will remove them in the automatic BAN?
And for Donors who want to change their name, they removed the Giver?
That's my big question what will happen with the new update ... the donor and the ban is lose?

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
From what I have heard, nothing is changing about it. All you are doing is changing the name.

Aracnophobia

Career
Reaction score
Our backend has already been updated to work with player UUIDS. The leaderboards will (assumedly) use the most recent name attached to the ID of the player at that rank, and bans/ranks/etc will use UUIDs instead of playernames. There won't be any issues when 1.8 roles around.
This was posted by one of our developers on another thread and it pretty much answers your question. You might not understand everything, but to briefly answer your question: No, nothing will change, no bans, no donor accounts, no nothing... Only your name.

Locking this thread, I wish you a good day and take care! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci