• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Graphics Card Should I Get For Minecraft?

RTGxxKaos

Career
Reaction score
Well, the title says it all. I am currently building a new PC but the graphics card I wanted currently ran out. I was thinking of some other graphic cards but cannot really make a decision. Please down below comment good graphics cards for Minecraft and possibly other games like BF4/COD.

Graphics Card I wanted: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=B008WAMV3Y&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwcareyholzm-20

P.S. If this is in the wrong forum section any mods feel free to move it to the correct place.

Edit: What time of processor should I get?
Also, I am getting 8gb of ram

Last edited:

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Have you tried seeing if the 7970 is available on Newegg?

If not then you could try the Nvidia GTX 670 which is slightly cheaper (I think.)

SamYoungGai

Spectator
Reaction score
7970, 7950, r9 280x's are all sold out due to litecoin mining. a 7850 is plenty for minecraft.

firedawg248

Tribute
Reaction score
Graphics Cards just make rendering and processing larger views of a game. If you are looking for a performance boost, you will need a better CPU.

Seance you ask though. I would go with the,
Nvidia GTX Geforce Titan

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
The 7970 is extremely similar in price and performance to the Gtx 770, so I'd recommend going for that. Also in reply to the message above me, the Titan is good on paper but is limited by it's TDP of 250W, the 780ti is getting roughly 15-25% better performance than it because, while it has less CUDA cores it is able to fully utilise them thanks to it's 300W TDP, and it's less than a quarter of the price of the Titan.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
I was stuck in same situation... because prices can go from $20 to $1500, it's hard to know what price a good graphics card should be.
I chode my graphics card using a $300 budget (for the card...), and got Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB
$210 in AUS, so it's most likely cheaper in your area ;)
Dunno if this is good though, haven't tested it and only chose it for the pc i made online today.

Crackling

Career
Reaction score
If you are planning on a computer only for Minecraft, you can get far with a cheap mid-end GPU (Like a GTX 650 or something around that range, more or less), and save a few bucks which can be used for investing in a better CPU. Minecraft is written in Java, and CPU speed is way more important for higher FPS, so there is not really any "best graphics card for Minecraft". :)

MCSG_pro011

Diamond
Reaction score
I dunno, but I have this computer that a friend is going to give me with a GTX 645...Is it any good?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci