• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Waiting Time Between Ban and Moderator Applications.

Should the wait between a ban and applying for mod be shortened?

• Yes, nine months is too long.

• No, nine months is good.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philllyburger

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Phillyburger and I am making this thread in an attempt to shorten the time between a ban and making a moderator application.

First off, I am aware that deep consideration has gone into making the decision of nine months.
I know that there are many reasons for the long wait but I have some reasons for why I think it is appropriate to change the wait from nine months to a fairly shorter time period.

A short time ago I was going to apply for mod, after reading the guide to an application and the rules etc I discovered about the wait. My main reason for why nine months is too long is that nine months is almost a year. For example, someone might have had a ban three months ago and they want to become a mod. The person then has to wait half a year just to apply. By this time, they might not be interested in becoming a mod or even the game itself.

For me, I think that if it were a shorter wait, it would keep people from getting demotivated. If someone were to quit the game in a few months due to demotivation, the chance of being a moderator could possibly prolong that process and bring more players to the server.

Sure, nine months would surely rid a person of they "bannable" ways and all, but I think for most people it does not need to be that long. Even if someone is still a rule breaker it would be made evident in the interview stage of the moderator process.

Thank you for reading.
:)

MCS

Diamond
Reaction score
I think it should remain at 9 months or at a maximum be shortened by 1-3 months. This is because it allows users to understand what they did was wrong and can also give them time to prove themselves to the senior staff team that they've changed for the better, in doing so it gives them a higher chance to be accepted when they reapply. Also, if it was shortened too much It kinda makes me think that users wouldn't really take any notice of the ban and would just think 'Yeah it's fine, I'll just reapply in a couple of months' however with the 9 months wait in place it gives users the chance to reconsider their actions for the future.

Philllyburger

Spectator
Reaction score
I do agree with this, however I think that after nine months of waiting many people would just get demotivated etc

Sofiaa

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that it depends on the reason of the ban ,for example if you were banned for hacking ,one does not deserve to be mod at all in the server since you can't trust them...

Philllyburger

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes of course if it is hacking then nine months is appropriate, however if it is something like abuse or filter bypass etc nine months is too short in my opinion.

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think it should remain at 9 months or at a maximum be shortened by 1-3 months. This is because it allows users to understand what they did was wrong and can also give them time to prove themselves to the senior staff team that they've changed for the better, in doing so it gives them a higher chance to be accepted when they reapply. Also, if it was shortened too much It kinda makes me think that users wouldn't really take any notice of the ban and would just think 'Yeah it's fine, I'll just reapply in a couple of months' however with the 9 months wait in place it gives users the chance to reconsider their actions for the future.
Took the words right out of my mouth!

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Originally, players who were banned previously had to wait 1 year since the activation date of said punishment before they could apply for moderator, and obviously it cannot be a permanent ban. Only a few months ago, we lowered that requirement with 3 months, so that they only had to wait 9 months before they could apply. For now, I think this system has been working out fine, and in the past players who got any ban on their record under 24 hours were not able to apply at all. If you get banned, you will have to face the consequences unfortunately. And in case you believe said ban was unfair, you are always free to dispute your punishment. If it gets pardoned, it will not be taken into account when reviewing your application. Overall, I don't think we need to necessarily lower that requirement again this soon, and it hasn't caused any major issues.

Reactions: MCS

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
You say they may lose interest in half a year? Then why would they want that player to be mod? They want those who are dedicated, willing to hang in there. If in 6 months you're going to be tired if the game, you'll make a poor mod or you'll leave far to early in your moderating stuff.

Lubbers

Platinum
Reaction score
You say they may lose interest in half a year? Then why would they want that player to be mod? They want those who are dedicated, willing to hang in there. If in 6 months you're going to be tired if the game, you'll make a poor mod or you'll leave far to early in your moderating stuff.
Agreed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci