• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Voting and /random

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
No, this is NOT a thread about removing voting or removing /random or something crazy like that. I just want you guys to change it so that you can vote for a map AND be able to do /random. The only reason /random isn't being used just like /skip wasn't is because you can either vote for a map or do /random. Seriously, it is kind of stupid that you can't do both. I know this has been brought up before, but I checked the more recent pages of this section and I haven't seen anything about it. Do you guys agree that /random should be allowed along with voting for a map? I think the only reason that was changed from MCSGv1 (In which you could do /skip and vote for a map at the same time) is because they didn't want the overplayed maps at the time getting still overplayed when it wasn't in the voting section at the time because people just did /skip until those maps were there (Survival Games 4 and Breeze Island). However, the new voting system since then, where you can't play a map on the same server twice for something like 5 matches, really fixes that. If that wasn't the reason for this being taken out, then it may have just been a bug that the developers never bothered to fix. But I highly doubt the second choice. So why was this removed, and can it come back?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't agree. You can't vote for 2 maps, why should you vote for essentially 2 maps?

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Say all the maps in the current voting are maps you generally don't like, but maybe one you dislike less than the others. You vote for that map, even though you still dislike it. I think that you should be able to do /random in hopes of getting a better map, but if not, then at least be able to vote for a map that isn't like your most hated map, even though you still may not like the one you voted for.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You have to make a choice for other options, I don't think you should be exempt of making one for /random. You are voting on a chance that you'll get something better than the others, or have a surprise. You need to decide whether you want to pick your least hated or a random.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
You used to be able to vote and skip in the same lobby, I honestly like when we could do that.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I actually like this idea. I have seen /random win literally 1 time, so this would help it win more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci