• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Vote For Hostile Mobs On A Map

What Do You Think Of This Idea?

• Good Idea!

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Noooope: Bad Idea!

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

The_Arena_Master

Experienced
Reaction score
This is just an idea, sorry if it's been suggested...

Many people like hostile mobs on these servers (something that was removed a while back) as I've seen loads of threads asking for them to come back. I personally miss them too. Now, I know you can't satisfy everyone, there are the individuals who will hate them, so what if it was fair for everyone and there was a vote for mobs to be on? For example:

/mobs on (+1 vote for mobs enabled)
/mobs off (+1 vote for mobs disabled)

It'd just be a nice little additional touch. I realize MCSG V2 is coming out though, so it probably wouldn't be able to make it in time for that. But I just thought I'd throw it out there.
Thoughts? Ideas?

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
Yes. I loved it when there was mobs. Reduced the noobs you have to kill on the boarder. Just make them away form the spawn.

Reaction score
Yes sirree, I'd love it, all the OMG MOBS RUIN TEH GMES AND LGA MY CMPUOTER people will have a choice, and those of us would want a more challenging game also have a choice.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Maybe on the forums they could just have voting for each map, and then that map permanently has mobs if it gets enough votes? Just brainstorming. But I do like this idea, mobs are fun sometimes (TSG2).

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd rather not have mobs. I would like the idea if they couldn't spawn at all until night time, because if they spawn in the day time in a building that's just a pain. Like SG2 with all it's dark towers was FILLED with mobs all the time, so if there are mobs at the beginning of the game and that's where your route takes you you're screwed.

Now, if they could spawn anywhere at night time (that follows the mob spawning rules) that would make it much more fair. By night time you should be able to defend yourself enough against the mobs, and if you can't it's just your problem. Of course, you could just say it's your problem if at the beginning of the game you have nothing and you get attacked by mobs, but I would be mad if that happened to me that early.

Another thing that would annoy me about mobs is that when you're chasing someone, and there is a skeleton or something near by, and it shoots you, you would be sent off track. That would be annoying too. Of course, it could hurt the person that is being chased, but that is just as annoying if it's you.

The mobs being able to kill noobs is a good thing and a bad thing. Noobs are still people, that could potentially become good at the game in the future. If they keep getting killed by mobs in the beginning, they will probably rage and quit. That would also lose the server some potential donors. In addition, when you're playing a new map and you don't know where the chests are, you could get killed by mobs because you're a noob on that map!

Skeletons also have an aimbot (everyone knows it) which is really annoying. At any time, fighting a skeleton would be a pain. Maybe when this is fixed (at least so it's not like that on easy/normal difficulty) then I will be more willing to have mobs on the server.

So this is why I don't think mobs should come back, unless it's under the condition above.
#G33kePosterInTraining :)

MysteriousWays

Experienced
Reaction score
Ruins the game............. If you lose because you get swarmed and killed by mobs, people will start raging soo hard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci