• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

View bobbing on or off?

KingNarwhalII

Tribute
Reaction score
Does bobbing (on) alter negatively on your PvP? Or is bobbing off better?

bridgedragon

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally I keep it off. I find it annoying. I don't think it has any effect on your PvP. Maybe your fps a bit though. I could be wrong.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Generally, it doesn't make a noticeable difference.
However, since "Bobbing" is literally shaking your camera up and down a little bit while you move, it can jitter your screen while you fight, causing a tiny bit of unnecessary movement which can lead to unexpected dizziness or confusion. It's quite unnecessary.
Personally, I have it off.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I personally keep it off, i just find it distracting when i pvp and it also has a negative effect on my FPS if i turn it on.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
Off, better aim.

Last edited:

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Most PvPers turn it off because it jerks the screen a little, which is not needed or wanted. Some say it lowers FPS very slightly. However, Youtube audiences generally find view bobbing to be more professional and realistic, so most big Youtubers turn it on. I have noticed that Europeans like using view bobbing more, for some unknown reason, just like Europeans enjoy Solar Frost a lot more than the Americans.

Metalmate9

Diamond
Reaction score
When off, it gives me the impression that I run faster, just like with higher FOVs.

D

Damien // Teepwn

I personally have it on, just because it looks smoother and nicer. It doesn't seem to affect my pvp, or frames in any way.
I guess it's really just personal preference; I used to have to it off and there's really no difference.

The only negative [to me] with bobbing on is when you optifine zoom in it can make your eyes and head quite sore.

S

Sepyz

If you're accurate enough to have perfect aim with it on, keep it.
However, since it moves the camera back and forth, I would turn it off if you're truly trying to tryhard. (Three consecutive words starting with tr-!)

Reaction score
I usually have bobbing off. I get much better aim, and I tend to get light-headed with the screen moving whenever you run.

Fancypants6000

Survivor
Reaction score
Off for sure.

When bobbing is on, it also shows other players bobbing, and when trying to shoot people, it can affect your shot. Also it affects your rod as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci