• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Using Bounty to *Bet* on Games!

Should this be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

mrsamjam

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok so the title says it all. So I was thinking about how points just don't really matter other than the spamming bounty and sponsoring, so I came up with an idea. Why don't we have a code where you can put bounty on games so it could make it more interesting. For ex: In the lobby we would have a randomizer to see who would be selected to set the bounty, what I mean by this is this person would put a code /set bounty 50 and all the other players if they wanted to would also put /set bounty 50. So if we had lets say 5+ people bet those 50 points then if one of those people who betted on the game would take it all, but if none of them won they'd all keep there points.

There could also be specific servers for bountied games. So lets say we wanted to have a more competitive game you could go to one of the bountied servers and to participate you'd have to pay 100 points. Maybe also if you were a donor you could pay but with a 25 % discount. Anyway thats my idea I hoped you liked it please POST YOUR OPINION below! Thanks for reading!

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
Good idea, but I see a flaw. This would give some players a reason to boost games, and it would make it so players could get a ridiculous amount of points.

mrsamjam

Spectator
Reaction score
Good idea, but I see a flaw. This would give some players a reason to boost games, and it would make it so players could get a ridiculous amount of points.
I see your point but I think it just would make it a lot more interesting.

Zarx238

Survivor
Reaction score
I am always skeptical about my opinions on bounties as I find that they sometimes lead to targeting and make games harder for people with them on. I see that they can make the game interesting with a gamble, but the whole topic is a bit controversial to me.

As far as a betting system I find that it would probably cause players to just target people off spawn for the spare points. Maybe if the gamble was silent and it would be a surprise if you kill someone with a bet on them it would be a lot better.

Great idea and great post though. :D

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Mathis could cause gambling problems reported for attempting to ruin kids lives.

Jk sounds like a nice idea.

MrCrispyPotato

Tribute
Reaction score
That is a really good idea if you bounty a player and they win you should get some extra points as well.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
This has been suggested a number of times, and always seems to have a bit of a mixed response.

Personally, I think that a 'bounty betting system' would be a fresh new addition to the game, however it would raise the competitiveness of the server. People will no longer 'spare' an undergeared, new player as they want to do everything they can to get the point reward for winning. It would be fun, but perhaps have an adverse effect.

MrCrispyPotato

Tribute
Reaction score
This has been suggested a number of times, and always seems to have a bit of a mixed response.

Personally, I think that a 'bounty betting system' would be a fresh new addition to the game, however it would raise the competitiveness of the server. People will no longer 'spare' an undergeared, new player as they want to do everything they can to get the point reward for winning. It would be fun, but perhaps have an adverse effect.
True but it will make it like 10 times more intense for the spectators and give a fun side for them and actually get more people to bounty.

KelsieBree

Reaction score
This actually sounds kind of fun. If it were silent betting like Zarx said then yeah I'm all for it! :D I really hope something is done with this because the bounty system is so underused.

MrCrispyPotato

Tribute
Reaction score
This actually sounds kind of fun. If it were silent betting like Zarx said then yeah I'm all for it! :D I really hope something is done with this because the bounty system is so underused.
Yah I know it is not a benifit to the person so they dont use it.

mrsamjam

Spectator
Reaction score

But the bounty could be silent, for ex: you have no idea if he is bountied or not

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci