• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Using 1.6.1 (new) launcher to play on 1.5.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Hi there!
So I was just fiddling around with the new launcher from Mojang, the one used to play on 1.6.1!
And I came across some settings that I found interesting...
You can still play 1.5.2 with the same launcher!
Here's how!

1. Open Launcher.
2. Click on the "Profile Editor" tab at the top.
3. Click "New Profile", in the top right corner.
4. Name the new profile anything you want, such as "1.5.2" if you want to use that one for the 1.5.2 version of Minecraft.
5. Next to "Use Version," select the version you want to use! As of today, 7/1/13, the "Latest Version" is 1.6.1, but you can select "release 1.6.1", "release 1.5.2", and "release 1.5.1". (You may choose a "Snapshot" by clicking "Enable experimental development versions ("Snapshots")").
6. After choosing what version you want to use, click "Save Profile".
7. In the top right, under "Profile Selection", choose which Profile you want to use, such as 1.5.2 or 1.6.1.
8. Input your Login Credentials - Username/Password (Or email and password, if you migrated your account).
9. Click "Play"!

Tell me if it works, and it did for me. I currently have all three versions (1.6.1, 1.5.2, and 1.5.1 available for me using those very steps).

Note: You can also Edit your "Profile" by clicking "Edit Profile", which is next to "New Profile", or double-clicking on your desired Profile.
If you don't have the desired jar installed, it will download/install it for you. Not sure how mods work with this, but feel free to let me know!
Thanks for reading this, and hope it helps!

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I did the same thing when I got the launcher. I find this feature pretty awesome! :)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah, but if you go back to 1.5.2, all of the 1.6 blocks disappear (had to learn it the hard way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci