• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

USA States Leaderboards?

Would you like to see State Leaderboards on US?

• Total voters

kthin

Survivor
Reaction score
So The Hive recently added Country Leaderboards, which gave me an idea for MCSG (At least for US servers.)

So my idea was to have leaderboards for each state in the US, as simple as that. This wouldn't be in place of the normal MCSG Leaderboards.

As for the AS, AU, EU, and CA regions, there could be something else.

EDIT: AS, AU, and CA would have their own seperate leaderboards, just because the player base there is smaller than EU and US. EU would have country leaderboards (although hive has done that.)

Tell me what you think!

Last edited:

kthin

Survivor
Reaction score
such as.....
Well for EU there would be country leaderboards for all European countries. For Asia there isn't a substantial player base, so that would have it's own leaderboards, and same for Australia and Canada. EU and US have the largest player base by far so that would be split up :p

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Do you know how this would be tracked?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Oh, right. That's actually a very good idea. It would give more people a chance for recognition. The only negative side I can see to this would be the people who don't want their location given away.

kthin

Survivor
Reaction score
United States of America states
It sounds weird, but if I said USA Leaderboards that wouldn't be right either :p
The leaderboards (for US) would be not only US leaderboards, but there would be leaderboards for each state.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know how this would be tracked?
A better implementation would actually be tracking the region of the server being played, and have those count towards a user's leaderboards ranking for that region. That way we don't have to deal with the trickiness of IP's.

That being said, regional leaderboards suggestion has been around for a while, and it's one of those, "On the list" conclusions.

I will say that people don't realize how much work would be necessary in order to do this. Our current leaderboards already require a dedicated server all to themselves, and now we'd need to increase that with four more servers (one for each region: US, EU, CA, AU). Buying and running five servers is expensive, and there's no guarantee of decent returns since the leaderboards are purely statistical and I doubt anyone would be willing to pay via subscription for access to them. It'd be nice, but questionably feasible.

TheEhlien

Survivor
Reaction score
It sounds weird, but if I said USA Leaderboards that wouldn't be right either :p
The leaderboards (for US) would be not only US leaderboards, but there would be leaderboards for each state.
Oh sorry I didn't notice that. It would be USA, states leaderboards though

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
A better implementation would actually be tracking the region of the server being played, and have those count towards a user's leaderboards ranking for that region. That way we don't have to deal with the trickiness of IP's.

That being said, regional leaderboards suggestion has been around for a while, and it's one of those, "On the list" conclusions.

I will say that people don't realize how much work would be necessary in order to do this. Our current leaderboards already require a dedicated server all to themselves, and now we'd need to increase that with four more servers (one for each region: US, EU, CA, AU). Buying and running five servers is expensive, and there's no guarantee of decent returns since the leaderboards are purely statistical and I doubt anyone would be willing to pay via subscription for access to them. It'd be nice, but questionably feasible.
I've assumed the whole time that regional leaderboards are coming out at the end of the month along with Ximev2, any truth to that?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Agreed. I can obviously see this going on the list of numerous things to do and completely understand there are many, many things that must be done before it but it would definitely be nice to see in the future c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci