• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Update Both Leaderboards

alltbboss29

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am alltbboss29 and I have an awe some suggestion for the Stat reset. Anyway continue!

Update both Leaderboards

Why not update Both of the Leaderboards everygame? So let's say I join a game and I win, then the win would go to the old leaderboards and the new leaderboards. This will prevent higher ranked players from quitting and will inspire lower ranked players to get to the top. Anyway, tell me what you think and have a nice day!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is not a practical idea.
MCGamer would need to double to resources needed to run their leaderboards - as it is, their leaderboards are already massive and quite expensive. Having two constantly-running leaderboards would increase their expenses quite a bit, and at this time it's simply not a practical move from a realistic point of view.

^^Trying to sum up what Col_StaR said, I forget where.

This has been suggested a few times already, and unfortunately it will not happen.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I've answered this suggestion so many times, I'm not even bothering to type out original statements anymore. Instead, I'm just going to copy-paste this statement I made in this thread here.

I'm getting really sick of people suggesting this, because I've already posted a statement about how this won't work over a week ago.

Why not create a Lifetime Leaderboards, or two sets of separate dynamic Leaderboards? Something other than Legacy Leaderboards?
  • As stated in this Front-Page Announcement, number-crunching and statistics tracking on a scale that we have requires a lot of server power and resources. In order to accommodate for two different leaderboards systems, we would need to double the cost of the statistics server expenses. In turn, we would need to increase the price of the items on our webstore, which we do not believe would be a worthwhile move. As such, we would prefer to stick with only one statistics system and run with that.
Mooclan 's summary was pretty much spot-on.

Reaction score
As Mooclan and Col_StaR have stated, this feature will not be implemented into the MCGamer network leaderboards.

The reason which it will not be implemented is :

• It will require allot of resources and a lot of data, which will most likley cause some sort of cache bug between the two leaderboards.
  • It will also require a substantial amount of financial resources which will then make the prices of items on the MCGamr network allot more deer, which allot of players would not like.
Hopefully I explained it well as those two master posters above me, if not I aplogise.

Any mistakes/false Information which could have been made in this post I aplogise, but I hope you understand :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci