• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Unlocking Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Hey there!
So, I was going through the New Posts section, when I came across a thread with a question. I was getting all geared up to answer it, like normal, when I scrolled down, and came across a short and brief answer by a Staff member that did not answer the question. And then I scrolled a bit farther down, and... I couldn't reply! :eek:
The OP had been inquiring about an issue that he had with only one of his computers, when he had two. Yet, the answer that was given answered an issue concerning the servers and networks, which was not what the person was looking for.
This is just an example, but it's the example that caused me to ask about this.

Unlocking locked threads.
If a thread is QA;TL'ed, but the answer does not seem sufficient, then is there a clear way to have it unlocked? As of right now, the only way that I am aware of is to PM a staff member, and explain why it should be unlocked. Is there a second way? I don't have a lot of experience in this area, so I'm rather curious.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Another way that we see people requesting to have threads re-opened is by reporting the QA;TL, specifying that it needs to be unlocked. Just another way to get the attention of the person.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Another way that we see people requesting to have threads re-opened is by reporting the QA;TL, specifying that it needs to be unlocked. Just another way to get the attention of the person.
Okay, thanks. I did consider that, but I didn't really figure that it would be a proper usage of a button called "Report", so I wasn't sure. Thank you.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Sometimes the person who posts the question dont think their question was answered.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Okay, thanks. I did consider that, but I didn't really figure that it would be a proper usage of a button called "Report", so I wasn't sure. Thank you.
The reports come to the reported items page for our staff to take a look at, if the OP requests for it to be unlocked via a report, our staff will comply.

Thanks Cubes
QA;TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci