• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Universal "Join" Sign

Blockerville

Career
Reaction score
With the new implementation of the hub, I think a great idea for a feature would be a single sign that, if clicked on, brought a player into a lobby not yet full and provide an easy way to join a server. It can be hard to scan through 100 signs to find a lobby, especially if you are not a donor.

It may be a bit complicated, but here's what I think it should do step-by-step:
1. Player clicks on sign
2. Checks if the player is donor or not
3. If the player is donor, find the lobby with the least time remaining, if the player is not donor, find the most empty lobby.
4. Connect the player to that lobby

I'm not sure if there is an easy way to check for a player's donor status, I assume it is because of the /records command. An alternative, if the former is not possible would to have 2 signs, one that says "CLICK HERE TO JOIN A LOBBY WITH THE LEAST TIME REMAINING" and another one saying "CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE LEAST EMPTY LOBBY"

Jackie1st

Spectator
Reaction score
Would like to see something like this if it is possible. I can vaguely recall a SG server I was on a long time ago that had something like this, they had a random sign that would TP you to a server that wasn't yet full.
Not sure how the donor checking would work though.

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Like it but it could stop donor sales thus making less profit

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its possible and don't worrie I hade this idea a while ago and have been suggesting it to the devs ;)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I like this idea. I am quite confident that it's possible and probably isn't too hard to do.
It would make it a bit easier for non-donors to join servers alone and it wouldn't really make it harder I think. I support!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci