• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Unfair Advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rylan1904

Spectator
Reaction score
Sometimes people just get super lucky and get a sword and armor in the beginning and kill people that cant get a thing because of lag or someone hits him back so he has no time to get a chest in the middle. this hasn't really happened to me, but i have seen it and i feel really bad about them. so we need to have a grace period (a period of time where nobody can get hurt then when the time is up then people can kill) so it makes it more fair with the unarmed and unequipped. either that or a chest next to every player and they can go for that one then run because if somebody doesn't get any good stuff in the beginning then they are an easy target. it will also hurt their rank and alot of people want to keep that up especially when the new update comes out for betting.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
No, this is a horrible idea, it takes out the whole bloodbath beginning part and would make the game go extremely slow and boring if 24 players would still be alive after the first day.

Why do you see people turning around and running at the start?

If you go for the cornucopia then there's always that risk.

2by2ark

Spectator
Reaction score
i agree with juan, but you're right that it's unfair... But all is fair in love and hunger games :)

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Indeed, going to the cornucopia is your own choice, if people take that risk they shouldnt be mad if they die.

Nick Fioretti

Tribute
Reaction score
I believe that it is hard to die in the cornucopia if you do it smart. If you run, take the best item in ONE chest, and run away if it isn't a sword, you get an advantage over the people that haven't got a weapon. If you keep coming back after getting hit, and someone gets a sword, then that isn't lag's fault, it's their fault.
The cornucopia bloodbath eliminates a bunch of contestants and establishes the player "to beat" that camps at the corn with a bunch of armor and a sword. Removing this would not make the MCSG servers as unique as other servers.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You said "to make the games more fair" yet the games start 100% fair to start with. After that, players make their own luck.

2by2ark

Spectator
Reaction score
well nick I've died in the bloodbath because the person next to me got a sword and was to persistent with it, sometimes it's not the choice to stay that kills you, but the choice to go in the first place, and well said cameron

Nick Fioretti

Tribute
Reaction score
well nick I've died in the bloodbath because the person next to me got a sword and was to persistent with it, sometimes it's not the choice to stay that kills you, but the choice to go in the first place, and well said cameron
The chances of running in, not getting the sword, and dying right off the bat is slim, but it is possible. I have died in that same fashion, but if you play it right, the chance of death will be slim, and you will still get that chance to be "that guy" in the cornucopia fending off a sword with a sword of your own.

2by2ark

Spectator
Reaction score
i never get a sword but i'm always good on food. then i get a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci