• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Turning off Player Chat Only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello today. I play on MCSG a lot, but one thing I noticed is that other servers have items in the lobby turning off player chat. This would be great for this server due to the excessive amount of trash talking done by some members.
Pros:
-stops members getting upset by other members if they choose to use the feature
-can help YouTubers never get annoyed by fans
-would force the players to not give a bunch of trash talk when their killer dies
Cons:
-some players may turn it off and be notified of a large team, but they wouldn't see the message and probably kill the player trying to team in an unfortunate turn of events

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You could just go to multiplayer settings and do chat off...
The problem with that is you see know other important chat, like "10 seconds until deathmatch!" ect. unless you know the game well and check the sidebar every 30 seconds. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
The problem with that is you see know other important chat, like "10 seconds until deathmatch!" ect. unless you know the game well and check the sidebar every 30 seconds. Ain't nobody got time for dat.
It's not hard to look to the right side of your screen for a couple of seconds...

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The point is that this would be a good feature to add to stop people from trash talking and flaming, especially in lobbies full of people spamming the chat that "HUAWHII ISIN ARE GAE! OMG!" or "team say 123" when you just want to vote. You can argue that it's easy to scroll up in chat, but it's annoying nevertheless.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
We don't normally lock suggestions, unless it is causing flame or it is spammed; therefore, I am leaving this thread opened.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We don't normally lock suggestions, unless it is causing flame or it is spammed; therefore, I am leaving this thread opened.
Thank you for moderating these forums and servers, since nobody wants flame.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well bump, guess what I found out just now. In the MCGamer v2 network, there will be an option where you can ignore certain players if you wish to do so. :)

The commands would go as follows:
Code:
/chat ignore <player> (ignore a player)

/chat listen <player> (unignore a player)

/chat showignored (request the list of your ignored player(s)

Reaction score
ElectrixMC I do believe this is a valid suggestion, but there are just too many cons too it. A lot of people like to socialize and talk to their friends in chat, and taking it away isn't what most players want. V2 does come with a /ignore command, but I know that what you're getting at is completely different. I think it would be nice if mcsg had a /chat off command, which allows players to ignore all chat messages sent by other players, but you still receive all the important "updates."(For the lack of a better word)

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
ElectrixMC I do believe this is a valid suggestion, but there are just too many cons too it. A lot of people like to socialize and talk to their friends in chat, and taking it away isn't what most players want. V2 does come with a /ignore command, but I know that what you're getting at is completely different. I think it would be nice if mcsg had a /chat off command, which allows players to ignore all chat messages sent by other players, but you still receive all the important "updates."(For the lack of a better word)
The /chat off command would be a good idea, but they still need to be able to see messages from Staff members in case we need to contact them in game. :)

Reaction score
The /chat off command would be a good idea, but they still need to be able to see messages from Staff members in case we need to contact them in game. :)
Yeah, I guess it might work if the player who used /chat off only saw chats sent by staff members :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci