• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tracking compasses

OpShadowNightHD

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello i think i remember something about tier 3 chests coming out so i was thinking how about putting 1 compass in a chest somewhere in the map JUST ONE and when someone right clicks it gives the direction or coordinates of the player and if you think thats op, add a cooldown.
What do you think?

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
nate252 said something like this in his recent video, that these "tracking-compasses" should be available as a sponsor item. But your Idea is good too, in case we get these mysterious tier 3s :)

wonderwaffle237

Experienced
Reaction score
I like it, but It would probably have to point to the nearest person, not a specifically geared one.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
No point to the game if one person knows where everyone is. Plus that idea is from the shotbow servers I think. MCSG is slightly more unique and I doubt this will be implemented

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Personally I feel this would change the game so much as a compass that points to the nearest player would really change the aspect of being able to sneak up on players. A good tactic currently for taking down well geared players is to ambush them but if they have the ability to track players it would remove this aspect from the game.

Pros

• Would make games quicker
  • Would make tactics more interesting as you have to consider if they have a compass or not
  • Could be a rare item which is only sponsorable so a better use for sponsoring
  • Useless for teams as they would track other players of their team as they would be the closest players
Cons
  • Would mean that players camping at the edge of the map have less chance of being found
  • Makes one person much more powerful
  • Copies other game types
  • Removes the chance of being ambushed which also changes how the PvP tactics work
Now I am sure many of you noticed that I put that it changes the PvP as a pro and a con. Well that is because it really is a hard decision. Yes it would make some aspects of PvP more interesting if you have a compass however if you also consider how much more fun it is hunting the maps with that voice in the back of your head telling you someone is watching you or following you. That makes the games more fun in my opinion and sure it may not be the opinion of all but I am fairly sure most will agree that paranoia makes the games feel alive

OpShadowNightHD

Tribute
Reaction score
Personally I feel this would change the game so much as a compass that points to the nearest player would really change the aspect of being able to sneak up on players. A good tactic currently for taking down well geared players is to ambush them but if they have the ability to track players it would remove this aspect from the game.

Pros

• Would make games quicker
  • Would make tactics more interesting as you have to consider if they have a compass or not
  • Could be a rare item which is only sponsorable so a better use for sponsoring
  • Useless for teams as they would track other players of their team as they would be the closest players
Cons

• Would mean that players camping at the edge of the map have less chance of being found
  • Makes one person much more powerful
  • Copies other game types
  • Removes the chance of being ambushed which also changes how the PvP tactics work
Now I am sure many of you noticed that I put that it changes the PvP as a pro and a con. Well that is because it really is a hard decision. Yes it would make some aspects of PvP more interesting if you have a compass however if you also consider how much more fun it is hunting the maps with that voice in the back of your head telling you someone is watching you or following you. That makes the games more fun in my opinion and sure it may not be the opinion of all but I am fairly sure most will agree that paranoia makes the games feel alive
Well as i said it should be one per map and i just recentely replied that maybe theres different types, maybe even make it so it lasts for 1 kill??

OpShadowNightHD

Tribute
Reaction score
No point to the game if one person knows where everyone is. Plus that idea is from the shotbow servers I think. MCSG is slightly more unique and I doubt this will be implemented
To be completely honest i've never heard of shotbow

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
what if the compasses were only available after a certain amount of time. In tier 3's or sponsoring. Like for those games on large maps with 4 people left especially

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci