• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Total Bounty.

Would you like to have a Betting System?

• Yes. If so post why in the comments.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No. If so post why in the comments.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigmike4life

Ok so everyone know that your bounty is just a number and has no representation of points. So.... I was thinking. What if..... You could bet your points. Ok so your playing and you die and there is 10 people left and you think a certain person is going to win. So you bet points on that person. If they win you get double the point you bet. But if the lose you don't get any. So if you have 200 point and you bet 50 (Which would be the least to bet) you would get your 50 back plus 50 more so you would have 300 the next game. I think since we added the awesome bounty system it would be cool to add a type of betting system like people bet on Basketball games. But you could only bet on people when there is like 10 or 15 people left because if not then people would wait til DM when a certain person has a obvious advantage and then they would always win their bet. Also there could be a stat leke "Bets Won" and if you win a bet then it says it on the screen. This is just a idea i thought up so tell me if you like it !

xownagex

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, I kind of think that would make it so that the points were less of a showing of how good you are. I am pretty sure the points were originally designed to show who was a good player, and who wasn't very good. This would make it so that the points were a cross of how good you are, and how good you are at betting on people.

Good idea though :)

B

bigmike4life

Yeah now its all about wins. So that's why i came up with this idea. I also feel that this could be for the people who aren't as good at PvP then they could bet their points and have a whole lot.

qqopp

Experienced
Reaction score
I like your bounty idea.

Personally, I'd like to see the any add on where players can use their points for in-game items. Let's say that I'm about to die of hunger.. No problem! With this new point system, I can buy a piece of bread for 100 points, or some other form of food for a high-value price. Maybe add a stone sword for 1000 points, and so on. These points can only be used once the game is in full swing, say 30 minutes in, and can only be used once every few games. We don't want players to over-use the feature. I think it's a perfect addition for after the reset, so everyone has a fair amount of points!

qqopp

Experienced
Reaction score
I like your bounty idea. Any extra way of gaining/losing points would be good. I'm tired of seeing players with 1.5k + points...

Personally, I'd like to see the any add on where players can use their points for in-game items. Let's say that I'm about to die of hunger.. No problem! With this new point system, I can buy a piece of bread for 100 points, or some other form of food for a high-value price. Maybe add a stone sword for 1000 points, and so on. These points can only be used once the game is in full swing, say 30 minutes in, and can only be used once every few games. We don't want players to over-use the feature. I think it's a perfect addition for after the reset, so everyone has a fair amount of points!

CodeGlue

Experienced
Reaction score
Since the Bounty/Points is incorporated into the players current rank the betting system will probably not be implemented (I had actually mentioned this to Chad when he came up with the bounty system.) For the main reason that it would screw up the leader boards by allowing good gamblers to be at the top instead of the people who actually earned the points.

As for the points to goods system that is basically the same as the sponsors which is a No No Suggestion.

Neofelis

Tribute
Reaction score
As for the points to goods system that is basically the same as the sponsors which is a No No Suggestion.
Actually, I believe that the Sponsors suggestion and the points suggestion are quite different. The reason why sponsors is a suggestion that won't get through is because it's so easily exploitable. The more friends you have, the more stuff you have. However, the points system relies on your own skill, and is limited, in that, you can't have five people giving you items, which was the issue in the sponsors suggestion. The way the point suggestion works is it favours people who play a lot and play well (or bet well, if something like this was to go through).

I think a points-purchasing system could be a lot more balanced than the sponsor system, however, it would have to go through a lot of work to make sure it was truly balanced, which is something the admins might not find worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci