• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tomahawks

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePurpleOlive

Platinum
Reaction score
Before you ask, no. I am not a fanboy of ThatOneTomahawk, this is my own idea I came up with. He does make good videos though ;)

Anyway, Tomahawks.
Here's what they would be:

Iron Axes (only from crafting)

When right clicked, or left clicked, it takes it from your inventory and shoots a snowball towards your target.

If you're hit by a tomahawk, it takes the same ammount of hearts as a diamond sword, plus half of the diamond sword, so 150%.

I believe this would add even more strats to MCSG.

Hate the idea?
Love the idea?
Tell me above, as well as below.

CelebornTF

Spectator
Reaction score
As funny as this would be, it's a little bit... overpowered, don't you think?
A good five hearts... in one hit? It could be used as an execute - Hit someone multiple times in close combat, get them to three or four hearts, and then switch to your ninth slot and right click - boom, you fire a snowball, and they're dead.
Or, you could engage, fight for a little bit, try to light them on fire perhaps, and then back off... oh wait, nevermind. You turn around, whip out your tomahawk, fire it, and ta-da! They're dead.

As fun as this idea sounds, the damage would have to be much less. If it crit, it could one-shot a player with no or little armor, and even without a crit it would be crazily powerful, even though it's only one use.
If the damage was nerfed, then I think this would be an interesting implementation on Quarter Quell or MCSG V3, if that ever comes out.

However, you must keep in mind that MCSG aims for vanilla-style combat and overall gameplay. Yes, there are game-changing mechanics to make it like the Hunger Games, but PvP should, for the most part, be relatively vanilla. The only thing that I can think about would be the fishing rod, which I heard was removed a while ago in vanilla, but I'm not entirely sure.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
At least give credit to Mineplex for this idea, lol.
Also, we're not going to copy Mineplex.

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Whilst this is an interesting idea, I would like to say that this probably will not be added. If you have noticed, all the PvP weapons/tools on our servers are completely vanilla, except for the Flint and Steel which was purely nerfed slightly. Also, as mentioned before, what you described would be a weapon that is way to powerful and to easy to create. It isn't that difficult to find 6 iron ingots, and when you do you can make 2 of these, and kill most players with two hits. That is just slightly OP.
Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci