• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

To Avoid NecroPosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan837

Tribute
Reaction score
I was just posting on the MCTF2 forums, and I thought of a way to avoid NecroPosting. I'm sure someone has already posted this somewhere, but I looked for it and couldn't find it anywhere. I thought it couldn't be too hard to have a bot automatically lock a thread after a month of it not being active... That way new players and posters won't have to worry about it, staff won't have to worry about monitoring for NecroPosts, and it will just be easier in general. Super simple idea. If it's open you can post, and if you can't post it will be locked already! Problem solved. Please let me know what you think, and if this suggestion can be found anywhere else? Thank you! :)

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
This could be a very good idea but I'm not sure XenForo allows something of the sort. Also, some threads are still relevant and able to be posted on such as Build Teams and what not.

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
^^^
Also, if something is is still revilanr it's allowed.

Hockeyfan837

Tribute
Reaction score
This could be a very good idea but I'm not sure XenForo allows something of the sort. Also, some threads are still relevant and able to be posted on such as Build Teams and what not.
Right. Didn't think of that. Still, you could possibly set a bot or something to lock all irrelevant threads in the QQ forums, or anything like that to ease the workload on staff.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Right. Didn't think of that. Still, you could possibly set a bot or something to lock all irrelevant threads in the QQ forums, or anything like that to ease the workload on staff.
That would be a good idea but there is no way for a bot to tell if the thread is relevant or not. :p

Hockeyfan837

Tribute
Reaction score
That would be a good idea but there is no way for a bot to tell if the thread is relevant or not. :p
Well it would be possible to tell it to close all threads without a recent post... Recent being 1 month or however long you want it to be.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Well it would be possible to tell it to close all threads without a recent post... Recent being 1 month or however long you want it to be.
I don't foresee that happening ever but it could possibly alert staff when there is a post that has been inactive for longer than a month.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
We only lock threads if they're necroed for a few reasons. First, if a thread is necroed with legitimate content that brings new light to the thread, then it's fine. We also never lock for necroing on map threads, as those can always get new advice given to them.

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How about a "plugin" which only locks threads 2 months or above and threads that aren't in the "Clans and Teams", "Build Teams". etc. etc. Sections? That would be great as I don't really look at the dates xD I'm 3 lazy 5 dat.

Hockeyfan837

Tribute
Reaction score
How about a "plugin" which only locks threads 2 months or above and threads that aren't in the "Clans and Teams", "Build Teams". etc. etc. Sections? That would be great as I don't really look at the dates xD I'm 3 lazy 5 dat.
^^^ This is what I'm saying.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
People will always work better than robots. It is a good suggestion, except it isn't possible and it isn't as efficient as us staff member locking it ourselves. TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci