• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Thread Permissions..

Zioligy

Diamond
Reaction score
As we all see everywhere alot of threads in mainly areas like Clans And Teams, Art section ect ect. More than 1 person manage the post but some times its hard to tell a person they where accepted into a "clan" and then they tell the owner when they might not be on ect and cant put that person on the roster or for instace the QUED line in the art section. Like how DQ and a few others own a texture pack thread and they all work together but its sorta hard to manage the thread and update it asap. Its sounds a bit confussing but basically you give other people ranks on your thread.. Lets say I made a clan and have a co leader accepting people into the clan to.. I could go to 'edit post' and give "Owner rank" to my friend so he can edit the post whenever to add people tp the roster.. Or I could make it so I had to highlight a area and clicked a option that let the person only be able to edit that area! Let me know what you think!

dq

District 13
Reaction score
As we all see everywhere alot of threads in mainly areas like Clans And Teams, Art section ect ect. More than 1 person manage the post but some times its hard to tell a person they where accepted into a "clan" and then they tell the owner when they might not be on ect and cant put that person on the roster or for instace the QUED line in the art section. Like how DQ and a few others own a texture pack thread and they all work together but its sorta hard to manage the thread and update it asap. Its sounds a bit confussing but basically you give other people ranks on your thread.. Lets say I made a clan and have a co leader accepting people into the clan to.. I could go to 'edit post' and give "Owner rank" to my friend so he can edit the post whenever to add people tp the roster.. Or I could make it so I had to highlight a area and clicked a option that let the person only be able to edit that area! Let me know what you think!
SORRY FOR THE CAPS, MY PHONE IS WEIRD. BUT THE THREAD OF MINE THAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT, WE ALL HAVE PASSWORD TO THAT ACCOUNT, SO WE CAN ALL EDIT THE THREAD WHENEVER WE PLEASE.

Zioligy

Diamond
Reaction score
SORRY FOR THE CAPS, MY PHONE IS WEIRD. BUT THE THREAD OF MINE THAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT, WE ALL HAVE PASSWORD TO THAT ACCOUNT, SO WE CAN ALL EDIT THE THREAD WHENEVER WE PLEASE.
OK BUT I MEAN LIKE IF YOU DONT WANT TO GIVE OUT YOUR INFO.

billyguy1

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yes. Also I thought your signature had something to do with the thread and I got confused...but it's better now.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
So what you want is permissions to lock our own threads and stuff? I'm okay with that.

Zioligy

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes. Also I thought your signature had something to do with the thread and I got confused...but it's better now.
Haha and thank for supporting this :)

So what you want is permissions to lock our own threads and stuff? I'm okay with that.
Hm no but thats a good idea too! Good thinking you should make a post about that one:) Im talking about roles on your post like if we made a post and I only wanted you to change my prices when ever I needed them changed I would highlight the price section then hit a role give button and type in your name so you can edit that area or if I wanted you to completley manage it with me I would highlight the whole area! Fox and can i get a signature thing :p

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
This has been considered numerous times, and we're going to say it once more: Xenforo doesn't allow us to edit the permissions of individual threads. This cannot be done, nor has anyone told us how it can be done. The best work-around is to make a forum account that is shared.

ZombiePigThang

Platinum
Reaction score
This is slightly off topic.. except I don't think your signature is appropriate Zioligy but.. Don't say I can't take a joke tho :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci