• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Thought I'd clear up an issue...

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
So I've heard/read alot of people arguing over how powerful gold swords are. Some have said that they rank between iron and diamond, some have said they are between stone and iron, and some have said they are equal to iron. Well... I'm here to clear this up. Gold swords are the worst swords in the game. Wood swords do two hearts of damage. Gold swords ALSO do two hearts of damage. Wood swords have a durability of 60. Gold's durability is only 33. All this means that gold is indeed the worst weapon. As to claims that it swings faster than wood/iron, I do not know, but I can tell you it is the weakest and most fragile sword in the game.

Don't believe me? Check out the minecraftwiki.net page on swords.

So to finish up, here's a little ranking of swords from best to worst:
  1. Diamond
  2. Iron
  3. Stone
  4. Wood
  5. Gold
Thank you for reading.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
So I've heard/read alot of people arguing over how powerful gold swords are. Some have said that they rank between iron and diamond, some have said they are between stone and iron, and some have said they are equal to iron. Well... I'm here to clear this up. Gold swords are the worst swords in the game. Wood swords do two hearts of damage. Gold swords ALSO do two hearts of damage. Wood swords have a durability of 60. Gold's durability is only 33. All this means that gold is indeed the worst weapon. As to claims that it swings faster than wood/iron, I do not know, but I can tell you it is the weakest and most fragile sword in the game.

1. Diamond
  2. Iron
  3. Stone
  4. Wood
  5. Gold
Thank you for reading.
Agreed, Gold is crappier then crappy! :)

CandyFTW

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I always dump my goldenswords.. they are useless.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I always dump my goldenswords.. they are useless.
Well, when I first start I don't dump them, but after I find an iron sword I burn the gold swords because they are so bad and no one should have to use them.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

1. Diamond
  2. Iron
  3. Stone
  4. Wood
  5. Gold
Thank you for reading.

GOD DAMNIT DONT TELL PEOPLE THIS! Let them be ignorant and simple minded while we screw with their minds and kill them with iron axes! Delete this thread so nobody gets to know about this! xD

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
GOD DAMNIT DONT TELL PEOPLE THIS! Let them be ignorant and simple minded while we screw with their minds and kill them with iron axes! Delete this thread so nobody gets to know about this! xD
You can't delete it! :p

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
You've seen the intelligence of the people that play these games. There are still people who will insist on using gold swords because they'll still believe they're better. I've already seen people still using gold over stone even after I told them directly that gold were the worst.

Rage

Survivor
Reaction score
There is people who don't read forums. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci