• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TheRandomMan1000's Suggestions for MCSGv3

What suggetions did you like? [Choose all that apply]

• Removal of tab/revision of death message.

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • A new lobby.

Votes: 45 88.2%
  • A third tier of chests.

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Limited mob spawning.

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Map testing servers.

Votes: 41 80.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Please note! Everything not officially announced by Chad or a Developer is merely a suggestion or speculation, and not to be taken as a guaranteed feature. These are all my opinions and suggestions.
--------------------------------------------------
So, recently Chad has brought up an interesting topic in some of his posts/responses to the community: MCSGv3. While very little has been officially announced by anyone, it has been hinted that this update will give us the remaining V2 features, alongside an update reverting the chest contents to that of V1. It is assumed that this update will be less massive, and substantially less significant than v2 but I assume it will come along side some new unannounced features. The following are what I'd like for those features to be. This thread will be updated as I have time to write more.​
Reversion of the death message
As we all know, MCSGv2 came with several facelifts to the chat, including a change in pallet as well as a revision of the messages shown throughout the games. The old v1 message "A cannon can be heard in the distance." has been scrapped for a new, more dull "Tribute [Name] has died". Me, as well as many others would like for the "Cannon" message to be returned. Seeing the names of the dead make for a less suspenseful game, and seems to make things a lot easier on the players, especially those with teams. This message's return also gives much more of a purpose to the "These tribute have fallen" messages.​
For those talking about the 'tab' menu, please read the next suggestion.
Removal of the tributes 'tab' ability
With the release of Minecraft's Beta 1.8 version nearly 2 years ago we were given something known as the tab menu. As is used in the survival games, the menu shows all tributes that are still alive in a given game. I personally would like for this ability to be removed from any tribute still alive, it adds suspense to teams that are split up, and paired with the previous suggestion would make the games much more cannon to the novels and movie, as the only way to view the living players would be to see the announcement at nighttime. For those curious, this is possible, as the Devs did this to allow us to only see the tributes in the tab menu, not the spectators.​
A new lobby
This is nothing pressing obviously, I just think a change in scenery would be nice. I'm sure TE or any other MCSG build team would be willing to help build one.​
Tier 3 chests
This is more of a theoretical one, but I can see it being like this:​
Changes per game, chosen randomly from one of the maps tier 2's.​
Only fills with tier 3 items at re-fill. (Starts as regular tier 2)​
Mix of tier 2 items and...​
1 potion per chest, and chance of enchanted iron armor.​
Limited mob spawning
While I would personally like 100% mob spawning to return, I know the community is 100% against that. I think mob spawning should be like the following.​
Spawning starts along-side the first refill, to assure that players are prepared to face them.​
No skeletons.​
Low spawning rate, especially in maps with a lot of darkness (SG3)​
Mobs won't burn in daylight, although they will not spawn in it.​
Test map servers
Fairly self explanatory, add several new servers to test maps so that the servers know for sure that the map will get a positive response from the community when added to all public servers. Can be a donor perk if wanted.​
That's all for now folks, I'll add more when I have time.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't like no tab button... That's horrid, you don't know who you're facing. But there is a way to get around this, pres T, and then tab, and its shows every player left, client-side.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Really cool ideas random, although having enchanted armor and potions in chests, even if it is tier 3 is a little OP. I agree 100% with everything else though. :D As for the mobs, since the majority of the community doesn't want mobs, I think we should have 3-5 servers in each region that have mobs.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
You can't completely get rid of suspense until you get rid of Skype, which is just a joke in itself. XD

As long as they DO NOT add diamond armor into Tier 3s, I'm fine.

Reaction score
I don't like no tab button... That's horrid, you don't know who you're facing. But there is a way to get around this, press T, and then tab, and its shows every player left, client-side.
That's kind of the point of it, although I wasn't aware of the client-side alternative. Either way, I'd still like to see it implemented.

Reaction score
I know where you're going, making it more real and such, but do we really WANT it more realistic? Or do we want a fun PvP experience? I personally want a PvP experience over making everything more 'suspenseful' or 'realistic'.

Although some suggestions are good-
-- Test map servers
Doesn't affect gameplay, so I don't care at all.
-- New Lobby
Yes please!
--To SOME extent, Tier 3's
I would really dislike enchantments, it's very OP, I don't mind a little bit, maybe 1 piece, but ehhhh...

And there's some I disagree with
--Removal of 'tab' to alive players
I don't see a point of doing such, how much more realistic is it really going to get? I like handily seeing if any teams are alive, or how many people are left, without doing /list. I highly disagree with this.
--Limited mob spawning
Again, most people here play for PvP, not realism, this would be yet another factor that could cause death. I remember way back, dying to creepers pissed me off so much.
--Removal of showing players name when dying.
I kind of like this. I don't see how it's an advantage for teams though.. I wouldn't care as much if it's removed either though.

Yep, that's all I got to say. But keep in mind, MOST people want better PvP, not realism.

Reaction score
I know where you're going, making it more real and such, but do we really WANT it more realistic? Or do we want a fun PvP experience? I personally want a PvP experience over making everything more 'suspenseful' or 'realistic'.

Although some suggestions are good-
-- Test map servers
Doesn't affect gameplay, so I don't care at all.
-- New Lobby
Yes please!
--To SOME extent, Tier 3's
I would really dislike enchantments, it's very OP, I don't mind a little bit, maybe 1 piece, but ehhhh...

And there's some I disagree with
--Removal of 'tab' to alive players
I don't see a point of doing such, how much more realistic is it really going to get? I like handily seeing if any teams are alive, or how many people are left, without doing /list. I highly disagree with this.
--Limited mob spawning
Again, most people here play for PvP, not realism, this would be yet another factor that could cause death. I remember way back, dying to creepers pissed me off so much.
--Removal of showing players name when dying.
I kind of like this. I don't see how it's an advantage for teams though.. I wouldn't care as much if it's removed either though.

Yep, that's all I got to say. But keep in mind, MOST people want better PvP, not realism.
I never said anything about realism, I would like the survival games to be PvE not PvP though, which is why I'd like mobs, and the removal of tab is a personal thing. Although many people would like the "A cannon can be heard in the distance." message back.

Reaction score
I disagree with the Tab being taken away, the mobs spawning, and the enchanted armor in tier 3s, But I do like the idea of a new lobby I LOVED the lobby before the one with the cake forest. And I like the old chat colors of green and yellow and all that.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
My opinions.

Reversion of the death message - I agree with you. This really would add a lot of suspense back into games and would make SG feel more "survivaly". (If that makes sense :p)

Removal of tab - I don't really see a point, considering you can do /l to see a list of players anyways.

New lobby - Yes please! The current one is getting old.

Tier 3 chests - As long as it isn't OP, I'm down. I really like the idea of having it be randomized, so that not 1 single route is OP.

Limited mobs - Keyword, "limited". Me gusta! :D

Test map servers - Definitely. We, the community deserve the right to test maps before they officially become a part MCSG, to decide if the map looks nice and has quality gameplay. Perhaps the PMC servers could become the new test servers?

Reaction score
I never said anything about realism, I would like the survival games to be PvE not PvP though, which is why I'd like mobs, and the removal of tab is a personal thing. Although many people would like the "A cannon can be heard in the distance." message back.
Even if you never directly said it, I see by some suggestions that, you would like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci