• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

the starting items in the center

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaneBlackard

Spectator
Reaction score
i've been playing for a while and the gear in the center basically decides who wins/loses. if you get they right chest of the start your basically unstoppable, wouldnt it make more sense for the stuff in the middle to be weak basic gear and more lucrative to go out and hunt each other down in the rest of the world? like you can grab a diamond sword from the starting chests but you climb to the top of a skyscraper and get a stick. it really doesnt make sense. give people a reason to go and hunt rather then sit and camp the middle.

ArchetypeAmnesia

Survivor
Reaction score
This is not necessarily true. There are still chest out there that you can pick up iron ingots and sticks to craft iron swords. And the same goes with armor expect if your lucky enough you may come across some.

KaneBlackard

Spectator
Reaction score
true but thats still basically luck. the chest in the center always have good stuff. they take away the incentive to leave center. if you can team up and take the start your set for the game and almost guaranteed to make it into the last 3-4 players. i just think it should be at best wood/leather at the start then better gear out in the world, put good gear at center for the restock so people will return and fight over it but dont make it such a one sided fist fight off the work go

ArchetypeAmnesia

Survivor
Reaction score
This is a core mechanic in the hunger games without it there would be alot of complaining but I see where your coming from and I've been in your situation may times. The only advice I could give you is sprint for the center grab all you can and get out

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This is completely false, on the new map I've never gone for the chests and I've won about 7 or 8 times.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
I have won from having nothing at the start.

It's quite easy.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
As mentioned in the livestream by inthelittlewood Friday night, the combat system in Minecraft doesn't allow for skill as it's generally based on who gets the best gear first (and your internet connection). This is sadly just something we have to deal with, but if you think of it as applied to the books then we shouldn't really be having hidden chests out in the world just a way of occaisionally 'sponsoring' players (yes this idea has been run into the ground so many times since the servers started but its a cool concept none the less)
I worked with one of my friends a week ago in a game and we held the corn for the first night. i got a diamond sword and we both had full iron armour. we were defeated by a team of 3 in mostly iron gear, mainly because of my poor connection (stupid intercontinental transmission systems). So as they others above me have said, its not 'garaunteed' to win but it does help get you further...

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Quite often there is only 1 diamond at the spawn

Reaction score
^Exactly
The chests are randomized to vary the gamplay and make each game different from the last. If every chest had an iron sword, armor and food, it would always be the same. That random factor keeps you thinking on your feat and changing your plan, if you plan to hold down corn, but you only get raw meet and a hat, you need to change your plan and hunt down hidden chests. This is the main mechanic of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci