• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Second Quarter Quell [48 Player map]

What do you think of this map?

• Total voters

ThaWeaz

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello Tributes!

Every twenty-five years there is a Quarter Quell edition of the Hunger Games. Quarter Quells mark the anniversary of the districts' defeat by the Capitol, and include special celebrations. The Games involve some sort of twist that makes them more disastrous or difficult to compete in, or watch. A small box contains small yellow envelopes containing specific instructions for each Quarter Quell. These instructions were planned at the founding of the Hunger Games, with plans in place for hundreds of Games. The President at the time selects the appropriate card and reads it on live television to announce the theme of that year's Quell.

In honor of the 50th anniversary of the hunger games there are twice the number of regular tributes that are compete in the arena, there will be 48 tributes

This is a map I made a while ago, I think it will fit well in the 48 player maps.

Map link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/the-hunger-games-second-quarter-quell/

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
To be honest, I feel like this map needs more work, it seems a bit average and not really up to standard.. and I was a bit dissapointed that you called it the second quarter quell.. but it isnt the quarter quell map from the books

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To be honest, I feel like this map needs more work, it seems a bit average and not really up to standard.. and I was a bit dissapointed that you called it the second quarter quell.. but it isnt the quarter quell map from the books
Actually, the third quarter quell was the one in the books. The second was the one Haymitch was in.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Actually, the third quarter quell was the one in the books. The second was the one Haymitch was in.
The second quarter quell is described in the books? so there is no "Actually" get it right nub ;p

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The second quarter quell is described in the books? so there is no "Actually" get it right nub ;p
Oh, I didn't know you understood that they explain that. But yeah, he got the theme wrong.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
its supposed to be pristine fields and hills, which look perfect but are deadly, and describes almost alpine mountains at the edge

DomoWizard111

Tribute
Reaction score
It looks very good but I agree with Ninetail it needs to be really good like stuff right close to the middle like the book not just empty space close to the middle

ThaWeaz

Spectator
Reaction score
The empty space is described in the book, a long stretched meadow that goes for miles and than a forest

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
All of the terraforming seems to be randomly generated. Also seeming it's a 48 player map and given the pictures shown, it appears that a heap of the map is just plain trees. Alot more detail on terraforming and structures would improve it.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Doesn't seem "unimaginable" enough to be Haymitch's arena. There were large and fantasy-like plants surrounding large open stretched plains containing the cornucopia with flowers and grass everywhere. The mountains are definitely not large enough for the Career pack to struggle on and the map generally lacks the mountainous areas surrounding it. (I kinda picture it as plains above plateau). It's a good start and idea though, and I'd love to see this arena done well. :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Doesn't seem "unimaginable" enough to be Haymitch's arena. There were large and fantasy-like plants surrounding large open stretched plains containing the cornucopia with flowers and grass everywhere. The mountains are definitely not large enough for the Career pack to struggle on and the map generally lacks the mountainous areas surrounding it. (I kinda picture it as plains above plateau). It's a good start and idea though, and I'd love to see this arena done well. :)
This man is right. Do this, and it would be awesome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci