• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Hardcore/Realistic/Harder/Whatever Games

HARDCORE GAMES?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
As you all know, SG Classic made its way, and it's amazing. I'm happy to see new variants of the Survival Games, and here's one I think would be good to implement.

We'll call this The Hardcore/Realistic/Harder Games

To give you a basic idea of what I mean, heres a few ideas to get you going

-Less food
-Only bigger maps should be included
-Ability to die from Hunger
-Only able to chat from nearby people 50-60 blocks would be nice
-/w To whisper to 10 blocks
-/y to yell to 100 blocks (or less, more)
-Mobs (both friendly AND hostile)
-"A cannon can be hard in the distance" instead of "blah has died"

Please take note, these are only the BASIC idea of it, there's still much more to it. Basically, it's harder, more realistic, less forgiving, and less fair, and much more satisfying to get that victory.

Now, for the big part. The highlight of this should be little things we shall call "moods"
Moods spice everything up, a whole lot. Moods are both good and bad, lets go into detail. I'll give you a scenario.

-Player 1 has a sword and is running to Player 2!
-Player 1 swings his sword at Player 2, Player 2 falls to one heart. Player 2 gets nausea, slowness, and weakness.
-Both players receive a chance to get an adrenaline rush about 2-5 seconds after the attack (speed) That last about 5-7 seconds. This compensates for the slowness effect, and also those annoying chases around the whole map
-Player 2 dies

Get it? That may sound a little unfair, to poor Player 2, but this is the Hardcore games and imo makes it more fun and suspenseful.

Another scenario

-Player 3 has gotten sick from eating too much raw food (The more raw food you eat, the worse the effects are)

For example, if player 3 ate one raw fish, he would be fine. Two? He would be alerted that he is not feeling so good after some time. Three? He would get nausea, and lose about 1-4 hearts. Four? He would get extremely nauseous, and lose 5-6 hearts. Five? Same as before, except he keeps losing his hearts untill death.

-Player 3 ate three raw fish, and feels nauseous, things get a little dizzy for him, and he starts to lose a bit of health, but is fine after.
-Player 3 continues with his journeys.

Now another combat situation

-Player 4 shoots Player 5 with an arrow, Player 5 gets a small slowness effect
Looks like Player 5 got hit with an arrow, (arrows wouldn't be something you see everyday in the Hardcore SG)
(You have a chance to start bleeding if you get hit by a sword, arrow, etc.)
-Oh no, Player 5 realizes he's bleeding! He stops the bleeding with a bandage quickly (Paper)
-After 3-5 seconds, Player 5 gets a small speed boost to compensate for his slowness effect (adrenaline rush)

I think you guys have a good idea with what I'm going for, note this is just ANOTHER TYPE OF SG'S, THIS WONT REPLACE THE ORIGINAL SG YOU KNOW AND LOVE.

I know this will never happen, but I had fun writing this. What do you think anyways?

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
Some of it sounds like MineZ and also, I feel like you only suggested this just because you don't like chasing people.
Uh, no. This is an original idea that I thought would be interesting to implement.

Blockerville

Career
Reaction score
You do realize you currently can only hear chat from about 50 (I think it's 50) blocks away in regular SG and SGC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci