• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Teaming Rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtSpacePotato

Spectator
Reaction score
Have you ever been killed by a team of 4 or something rediculous? Well this is the rule for you.

My idea is that there should be a rule that makes teams of over 3 or over illegal, two teams are fine, because it really isn't fair when there is a 3 team versing a single player or something like that, it also takes the fun out of the game.

Solo players: The fairest option, but you can rage a lot when killed by someone that is much better then you.
Two teams: Not as fair as solo players, but much fairer then 3+ teams, this gives players that aren't as good at the game a better chance of surviving with their buddy around.

Three+ Teams: Unfair as anything, if one gut gets low, the second one goes in, if they get low, the third goes in, rinse and repeat. Two teams are actually possible to take out, I've never been succesful at taking out a three team because they can just sorround you.

I think that 3+ teams is the worst thing about MCSG just behind hackers and should be dealt with by adding a teaming rule, of course competitive MCSG teams are excluded from this rule, but all the casuals will be affected by this rule.

Thank you and leave any problems you think there might be below.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Have you ever been killed by a team of 4 or something rediculous? Well this is the rule for you.

My idea is that there should be a rule that makes teams of over 3 or over illegal, two teams are fine, because it really isn't fair when there is a 3 team versing a single player or something like that, it also takes the fun out of the game.

Solo players: The fairest option, but you can rage a lot when killed by someone that is much better then you.
Two teams: Not as fair as solo players, but much fairer then 3+ teams, this gives players that aren't as good at the game a better chance of surviving with their buddy around.

Three+ Teams: Unfair as anything, if one gut gets low, the second one goes in, if they get low, the third goes in, rinse and repeat. Two teams are actually possible to take out, I've never been succesful at taking out a three team because they can just sorround you.

I think that 3+ teams is the worst thing about MCSG just behind hackers and should be dealt with by adding a teaming rule, of course competitive MCSG teams are excluded from this rule, but all the casuals will be affected by this rule.

As much as teaming is annoying, it is very strategic if you want to enhance your chances of winning. Teams are an aspect of the game, you are always going to encounter them and most likely die. This rule is not needed and is quite pathetic in my eyes- I guarantee that you have teamed once, not just you but everyone has.

As much as I can agree with you, teams are annoying and I understand that, but we can't restrict them, possibly when they start getting abusive you may, but other than that, no, this does not need to be a rule.

JustSomeHero

Spectator
Reaction score

Totally agree with this, Teams of 2 are fine but when there is teams of 4 chasing you then when they kill you because of the unfair advange they all start saying "rekt" and calling you a noob.. It's annoying as hell. Darkria202 did this to me and it was annoying as hell. Being the #1 player of AUS i thought he would have more courtesy then that.

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
They team in the movie/book that the game mode is based on. In the book there was a team of around five people and they all ended up dying.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
We're not turning into Hive. Also, it'd be easy to find loopholes through this rule.

SgtSpacePotato

Spectator
Reaction score
This would not work seeing that clans have 6+ teams to battle/scrim.
I said that competitive clans are excluded from the rule.
This probably won't happen anytime soon, as clan wars is a big part of MCG.
Read above.

They team in the movie/book that the game mode is based on. In the book there was a team of around five people and they all ended up dying.
It's "MINECRAFT SURVIVAL GAMES" Not "THE MINECRAFT HUNGER GAMES".

I guarantee that you have teamed once, not just you but everyone has.
Yes, I have teamed before, but it's always a two team, I'm talking about teams of 3+, honestly, if you need a 3 team to win a game of MCSG, you need to get better at MCSG and PvP, simple as that.

SgtSpacePotato

Spectator
Reaction score
We're not turning into Hive. Also, it'd be easy to find loopholes through this rule.
That's where I got the idea from, when I saw that teams of 3 and above weren't allowed, I fell in love with the server, because now the two things I hate (Hackers and big teams) were no allowed, it was a perfect server - Also, I think that is why Hive is so much more popular then MCSG, because they have small little rules like that that everyone loves.

And yes, it would be easy to team even with the rule, but there would be less teams because they are all scared that they could be banned on the spot if they were caught teaming.

Teaming just ruins the expirience, I think 80% of everyone would love to see this rule implemented, except for the teamers of course.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
That's where I got the idea from, when I saw that teams of 3 and above weren't allowed, I fell in love with the server, because now the two things I hate (Hackers and big teams) were no allowed, it was a perfect server - Also, I think that is why Hive is so much more popular then MCSG, because they have small little rules like that that everyone loves.

And yes, it would be easy to team even with the rule, but there would be less teams because they are all scared that they could be banned on the spot if they were caught teaming.

Teaming just ruins the expirience, I think 80% of everyone would love to see this rule implemented, except for the teamers of course.
Ummm, 80% of people TEAM. We ALL do it, because we all have friends. Only today, I got into a 4 team with my friends, and it was GREAT. we ran into 3 other teams in one game, 2 2 teams, and a 3 teams. Because everyone loves to team, its a fun experiance playing with your friends. If you think 80% of people would love this rule, then you dont know this community well enough.

Kcinayy

Platinum
Reaction score
Totally agree with this, Teams of 2 are fine but when there is teams of 4 chasing you then when they kill you because of the unfair advange they all start saying "rekt" and calling you a noob.. It's annoying as hell. Darkria202 did this to me and it was annoying as hell. Being the #1 player of AUS i thought he would have more courtesy then that.
darkai202

H

Holiday

Thank you for your suggestion. However, next time please use the search function to see if a similar topic has already been created before you post a thread. There have been previous threads with the same topic which have already been answered/responded to.

Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci