• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games ideas

Lansino4

Tribute
Reaction score
These are some ideas for Survival Games.

1. Have a 50 second countdown. It is a lot like the movie and people get time to find there friends or check there distrcit. Also add ticks to last 5 seconds of the countdown.

2. Have a command that you can make a solid alliance. /alliance <name> so you can't hurt your friends when someone battling someone.

3. When someone dies, the lightning sometimes lag peoples computers. I was thinking, you guys should add just a TNT noise for someones death.

4. (optional) If you could, add some plugins. Like when someone dies, they lay there for 20 seconds. And add some blood, it will be a cool way to add to your survival games experience. Call the invetory a backpack. Add a thirst bar above your hunger bar. Throwable axes, and knives.

5. Add a resource pack. It will be cool way to have a sword looking like a sickle.
Wood sword: Sickle
Stone sword: knife
Iron sword: Sword
Diamond sword: Spear
Gold sword: Sword.

6. For the glass dome, when you touch it, Lightning strikes you.

7. Have podiums explode if you jump off to early.

8. Have gamemakers. spectators can pay 100 points to become a game-maker. They can have a wall of fire, mutations: angry wolves, and above the wolves, have the person's name on it, and they can put the cornicopia on fire.

Thank you for reading, and please, if you can, add these ideas to your servers.

Reaction score
Responses in numerical order:
1. I feel indifferent to this one. Although it can prolong games a bit, it does make time for chatter.
2. I don't like this one. The games are supposed to be whimsical and if your teammate decides to backstab you, well then So It Goes. Teams are based on trust, you can't force someone to be a good teammate. Plus, I can see a myriad of problems arising from this.
3. The lighting pinpoints the location of the latest kill, to give a shot to anyone wishing to tussle with the winner.
4. Tell that to Mojang, not MCSG
5. I think it's a bit late to add resource packs in this matured server. Plus half these items don't exist.
6. I like this idea.
7. We actually had a community poll on this not too long ago and the community agreed with you. No news on implementation though.
8. This sounds fun but will definitely lead to problems. If a player just died, but they've weakened their opponent to their last legs, the loser will just summon some wolves, making it unfair for the now dead winner. Why should the the dead be able to kill anyone? Just sponsor another player with some items to support them with /sponsor <player>.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I dont think gamemakers would work as it would be abused but some of the other suggestions are really good

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. Previously, there was a 60-countdown. They reduced it to 30-seconds to cut down waiting time.

2. This could be abused as players can just alliance with everybody. Not to mention that the games are supposed to have one winner, even in the books. (That 74th Hunger Games thing was just so Katniss and Peeta could live.) Plus if one of your allies is being a douchecanoe (such as hogging items and trolling stuff), you can't really kill that person. Also backstabbing would be reduced, which takes the fun out of stranger teaming.

3. I don't think the lag really comes from lightning. It shows where the previous player died, as mentioned by @MetagrossVSwablu . You can also find that player's loot if they died from other causes. The TNT is a more realistic but lightning is more practical.

4. That stuff is outside vanilla Minecraft. You'd have to install mods, which can be a hastle since hundreds of players will have to install mods that are completely optional to play.

5. I prefer to play on the default resource pack but that's just my opinion. You can make one, but I don't think they will make an official server resource pack.

6. I like this idea, but it contradicts with your statement about lightning causing lag, so I'm a bit confused as to why you would want this.

7. They did this for April Fools Day 2013. It was different, since you couldn't sprint off the platform. I tried that once and I ended up some woods behind the cornucopia.

8. This idea was suggested before, and if I recalled, this would never happen. The gamemakers would have to be a third-party (They could not have participated in the game.) Plus players can heavily abuse this to bully a player.

So you're ideas aren't too bad, but they could be worked on. Some of these ideas have been suggested before and denied.

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't like any of them. Especially the game makers one. A lot of them are pointless and or will never be added.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci