• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion Regarding the New Hub

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
Since there is no 'hub' category for feature suggestions, I thought I'd post it here as SG is probably the most popular gamemode and the most people would see this if it went there.

After using the compass in the new hub, you are teleported in front of a portal. I see this as a flaw.

I believe the old hubs were sucessful because they were straight-forward; After you used the compass, you were teleported in front of the signs, where you can choose one and play a game. This was fast, easy, and not frustrating at all.

With the new hub, teleporting is slower, takes more effort, and is more difficult for new players to find what they're looking for.

My 2 suggestions would be either to a) make the compass teleport users to the signs, rather than in front of the portal, or b) remove the portals and replace them with rooms and signs, like all the other hubs.

If you don't know what I'm talking about:

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
I think they are brought into server sections nicely probably to balance the database usage... however for the minecraft character's convenience I don't like the way the new hub does it. I think if you are in the compass GUI it should bring you to the server rather than in-front if the portal. It would make it so much less of a hassle to walk around... but overall I do like the new hub. So Yep I completely agree with this thread. :D

mfungamer

Career
Reaction score
I would improve that too. I really like the layout of the new hub, but the portals are a thing that bug me...

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would think that the main gametypes' portals can be removed, however I think a main portal section can lead to the Arcade area. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci